Chapter 8

Kakashi slowly came to as he lay on the  matress, comfortably covered with blankets, Tsunami, Tazuna's daughter, walked over to him with a slight scold to her voice. "Well, waking up are you? Are you alright?"

"No, but I will be in about a week or so."

"The sharingan is an increadible power! But doesn't the starin it puts on your body make you wonder if it's worth it?" Sakura asked. He just turnned his head to look at Minari who was mixing medicine for him. She smiled, truely happy to see her Father awake and for the most part well. But Kakashi could see the fear still lingering in her eyes, the exceptional amount of worry. He reached up and rested his hand on the top of her head.

"It's okay, Minari, I'll be fine. Stop worrying." She pursed her lips, making them a tight line. Once again it seemed she had gone silent, unwanting to talk to the people around her. Or at least not say anything to make them not trust her again... SHe had done something she shouldn't have. But it was for a good cause. If Minari hadn't let it happen then...

Tazuna's voice broke her thoughts. "This time, you took down your strongest foe yet. So we can probebly relax for awhile."

"I can't get my mind off that masked kid..." Sakura mused next to Minari.

"That mask is worn by the most elite and secret ninja from the village hidden in the mist. Shinobi hunters all wear them. Their unit is codenamed the undertaker squad because they dispose of corpses so thoroughly, it's almost as though they never existed... Even after death, a shinobi's corpse may yeild up it's secrets, exposing the secrets of the skills it had mastered, as well as retaining the aura of the chakaras it was steeped in in the ninja's native land. Even the ingrediants of any drugs or potions that body consumed become and open book. In the same way, when I die, if an enemy where to take possession of my remains, the corpse would reveal all of the anatomical idiosyncracies unique to possessors of the sharingan. In the worst case, the enemy might gain enough information to be able to duplicate and master that power. Ninja corpses tell to many tales. Basically, shinobi hunters specialize in tracking down and eliminating rouge ninja and obliterating their remains in order to protect the secrets of their home village from the rest of the world. Silently and without a trace. That's how ninja leave the world." Sakura shivered from the older mans words.

"So, Zabuza's corpse will be dismembered and destroyed? That's so creepy!!!" Minari and the two boys could easily agree with her. It was indeed very creepy. But unfortunatly it was a fact that they all had to live with.

Minari sat the bowl of medicine she was working on so it could air for awhile. It was a lot stronger two or so hours later. So, as her dear Father decided to get more rest, she moved on to treat Sasuke's wound. He would never show it, but he was hurt a little worse than originally thought. Naruto and Sakura sat around talking to Tazuna as she motioned for him to turn around and remove his shirt.

"Why should I?" He asked sceptically. But after looking into her blank face for afew seconds, he huffed and did as she asked. Sasuke winced when she touched the area Zabuza had slammed him down on. Deffinatly hurt worse than originally thought. Minari had learned some in medic jutsu's and treating wounds. There was no wound but very deep brusing. So she focused her chakara and placed her hand on the area that seemed most tender. Sasuke was surprised when she patted his shoulder and got up.

Once again she proved herself better than him. Sasuke couldn't help but feel just a little angry. But he noticed that... he didn't feel as angry as he used to. Minari wished she was better at medic jutsu's so she could help Kakashi. But the best she could do was make medicine for him at the moment. She felt so usless!

Sitting next to Kakashi, Minari looked upon him in worry. Naruto and Sakura noticed and really felt for her. She must really love him. Minari felt so bad. She had just up and left this man for the longest time without even thinking about how he would feel with her gone! Not only that but she.... it's not that she choose not to talk, but more she was in the habit of staying quiet so she wouldn't be hit or yelled at. Of course Minari knew very well that Kakashi would never lay  a hand on her, but there was that unconcious fear from experiance. She reached down and twisted the bangle around her wrist, finding comfort in the small silver object.