Chapter 4

The sun was barely up when the small group came together in the training grounds. Both Sakura and Naruto looked just dead-beat tired. But Sasuke walked with his hands in his pockets, looking normal and awake. Minari showed up, eating a very shinney green apple. Which Sakura freaked out about since Kakashi told them all not to eat anything. To which Minari held out the apple, offering a bite in reply.

“Thats breaking the rules. And ninja who break the rules are scum.” Sakura stated. Now Minari had heard it all before, but she also knew the other half to the stigma. She was actually doing something good here.

Minari held out the apple to Naruto who happily took a bite and then held it out to Sasuke. His intence glare was a no in her book, so she took another bite, enjoying the sour juicyness of the fruit. FOr about five minutes Minari and Naruto passed the apple back and forth until it was just core and seeds. Then Naruto sat and began to slowly passout. Sakura joined him. But Minari and Sasuke stood, him anticpating what the exercise would be like and all manner of techniques he might have to use, her smiling and looking around the beautiful clearing.

They got there at five, just like they were told, even though Minari knew her loving Father wouldn't be there until much later, she still went. So around eight or so, Kakashi finally made an appearance.

"Morning everyone. Ready for your first day?"

"Hey, you're late!" Naruto and Sakura were in perfect unison, tone and all.

"Well a black cat crossed my path, so I had to take the long way." Of course the two glarred at him while Minari and Sasuke stood indifferent. Kakashi pulled out an alarm clock and hit the set button. "It's set for noon." Minari handed him two small bells, the kind you would put on a cats collar and stood ready next to him. "Your assinment is very simple. You just have to take one of these bells from me. That's all there is too it. If you can't get them by noon, you go without lunch." Naruto and Sakura reacted with pure 'what the hell man' looks. You'll be tied to those posts and forced to watch while I eat my lunch in front of you."

The three new ninja realized then why he told them not to eat breakfast. And Naruto was secretly thanking God in his head he shared that apple with Minari. But it was only afew bites and wouldn't saite him for long. By the time that alarm went off at noon he would be starving again.

"But wait a minute, there are only two bells. There's three of us." Sakura observed

"Exactly. That way then at least one of you will be tied to the post and ultimatly disqualified for not completing the mission. That one goes back to the academy. But then again, you all could flunk out. You can use any weapons, including shurikin. If you're not prepared to kill me, you won't be able to take the bells."

"Those weapons are to dangerous Sensei!" Sakura complained.

"Hahaha, esspecially since you couldn't even dodge that eraser." Naruto laughed.

"Class clowns are usually the weakest links. We can safely ignore them. Lowest scores, loosers. When I say start you can go."

Naruto, in a clear act of determination and exahstion of being called a looser all the time, pulled a kunai from his pouch and ran at Kakashi. It sevearly surprised all his teammates. But, faster than anyone could see, Kakashi had Naruto's hand bent behind him so his kunai was pointed at the back of his head and Minari held his front, keeping him still.

"Don't be in such a hurry. I didn't say start yet." All three of the young ninja's thought to themselves of the speed both Kakashi and Minari possesed. It, in simpilest terms, scared them. They let go of him. "But... you came at me with the full intestion of destroying me. SO can I put this? I'm actually starting to like you guys. Get ready. Aaaaaand... Start!"