The Power of Beauty

AU of Preath

-Tobin-

My name is Tobin Heath, and I work at a modeling agency in New York City. But the thing is, I wasn't high up in the business. I worked on the ninth floor of a thirty floor building, and I filled papers, and answered the phone. I also wasn't here because I wanted to be a model, I was here because I wanted to be a photographer.

I loved taking pictures, especially if I was able to express myself in anyway through the picture. This was one way I was able to take pictures, or...almost take pictures.

Getting out of the cab, I pulled my beanie down over my ears. Pulling my camera bag on over my shoulder, I then grabbed my backpack. Heading towards the building, I looked up at the large letters.

Press Corp.

Christen Press. She was my boss, and the most powerful women, or should I say person, in New York City. The twenty five year old was a self made millionaire. She was an amazing business women, and also model.

She was gorgeous.

Her power was almost as great as her beauty.

As soon as I got into the building, I was checked by security, and patted down. They searched through both of my bags, and used a metal detector scanner on me. Let's just say a lot of people have threatened Ms. Press' life. Once I was cleared, I headed to the elevator. Pressing the nine, I waited for the doors to close.

"Hold the door!" Someone yelled. Slipping my hand between the closing doors, I let them bounce back open. Who walked in next, I wasn't expecting.

Ms. Press.

"No, West. No!" Ms. Press yelled into her phone, as I pressed the thirty for her. "I have a meeting in ten, I can not argue about this now!" She snapped. "Goodbye Weston." Ms. Press said, and hung her phone up. I stood towards the back of the elevator, watching the number almost reach nine.

Once it did, I sighed out in relief, and headed for the opening doors. Ms. Press shifted, and I bumped into her. She dropped all of the files in her hands, as my eyes went wide.

"Ms. Press I'm so sorry." I said, and dropped to the floor. Picking up her papers, I soon felt someone down beside me. Looking up slightly, I saw Ms. Press' sunglasses on top of her head, her crystal blue eyes shining.

"It's quiet alright, Heath." She said, her eyes dropping to my name tag. I handed her back her files, and watched her get to her feet. I quickly stood up, still feeling my heart in my throat. "You should probably get to work." She said, and I frantically nodded.

"Yes, of course." I said.

"You left your camera bag." She said, as I quickly turned around. But the doors were already closing, and she couldn't get her hand in between them fast enough. I saw the numbers start rising, as I closed my eyes.

"Shit." I cursed. Turning around, I walked towards my desk.

"Hey T." My best friend, Kelley said.

"Hey." I mumbled, and dropped down into my chair.

"What's wrong?" She asked, as she looked at me across her desk.

"I ah-just ran into Ms. Press-in the elevator." I rambled.

"What!" Kelley practically yelled.

"Mhmm." I mumbled.

"What was she like? Was she as hot as they say she is?" Kelley questioned.

"She was intimidating." I said.