Chapter 14

Kurt's POV
~

"Hey kiddo. How's everything?" Dad said as he walked into the waiting room, coffee in hand.

"Still nothing yet. It's been a really long time, dad. I'm getting really nervous." I said, nervously biting at the side of my cheek.

"You haven't left this room once yet, have you?" He asked, raising his right eyebrow.

"No he hasn't. I just got him to sit down. He was pacing for 51 minutes, it was driving me crazy!" Mr. Anderson said, throwing his hands in the air.

"Yeah. He gets that way at hospital." Dad chuckled slightly.

"How much longer do you think it's gonna be??" I asked.

"Not for another hour or two, bud. These things take time."  He said, patting me on the shoulder.

"Time. Takes time my ass. Doesn't take no 4 hours." I mumbled, crossing my arms in front of me and rolling my eyes.

"Have you eaten?"

"Only because I made him. Boy hadn't eaten all day, his stomach was growling!" Mr. Anderson responded, causing me to roll my eyes, again.

"Thank you," Dad turned back towards me "are you sure you don't want to go home, take a nap?"

"No. I have to be here."

"Kurt, I think you should go home. At least take like a 40 minute nap, then you can come back, and by the time you get back he should be out." Mr. Anderson said.

"But-" I started

"Kurt." Dad said sternly.

"But I-" I said turning, looking down towards the operation room. "Fine." I sighed in defeat. "But the second he's out of surgery call me." I said looking at Mr. Anderson.

"You'll be the first to know."

"Want me to give you a ride home?" Dad asked as he walked me towards the front entrance.

"No. Would you mind staying here? Mr. Anderson might forget to call, I know you will." I asked with a small smile.

"Stop worrying kid. Everything will be just fine. I'll call you when he's back in his room.

"Thanks dad." I reached over and gave him a hug.

"Have a good nap." He said as I walked away.

*15 minutes later*

I finally laid down and pulled the covers up to my chest. Before closing my eyes, I checked to make sure my ringer was all the way up for when Blaine is done surgery. Setting my phone down, I turned to my side and shut my eyes, falling into a deep sleep.

I was leaning against the kitchen counter as I watched Blaine walk over to me.
"Hey sweetie" I signed over to him.

"Kurt, why do you still use sign with me? I've had my hearing back for 9 months now and you still forget that." Blaine said in a sweet angelic voice as he popped a grape in his mouth.

I froze in place and covered my mouth as I lightly gasped. Blaine looked over at me and chuckled.

"What? You look like you did the moment you first heard me speak after my operation." Blaine chuckled.
I said nothing.
"Kurt? You're starting to worry me, what's wrong?" Blaine said, walking closer to me.

"Blaine." I breathed as I cupped his cheek.

"That's my name!" He smiled. "Seriously, honey, what's wrong?" Concerned washed back over his face.

"Nothing. I just forgot how beautiful your voice is." I smiled happily.

"You say that every night after my shows, Kurt." He said rolling his eyes, pulling me towards him.

"Shows?" I asked, confused.

"Kurt, seriously?! What's going on with you today!" He laughed. "The concerts! I was just on tour?? Hellooooooooo!!"

"Blaine. You sing." I smiled brightly.

"Well duhhhh, I wouldn't be doing anything else."

"Sing for me."

"Kurttttttttt, you do this every nightttt." Blaine whined.

"Blainey, please?"

"Fine." He said, defeated.

"You think I'm pretty without any make-up on
You think I'm funny when I tell the punch line wrong
I know you get me, so I let my walls come down, down
Before you met me, I was all right
But things were kinda heavy, you brought me to life
Now every February you'll be my valentine, valentine
Let's go all the way tonight
No regrets, just love
We can dance until we die
You and I, will be young forever
You make me feel like I'm living a teenage dream
The way you turn me on, I can't sleep
Let's run away and don't ever look back
Don't ever look back"

I had tears streaming from my face.
"Honey? Why are you crying?" Blaine stopped singing.

"You're so beautiful. How did I ever get so lucky to have you?" I embraced him in a hug.

"It is I who is the luck one, my sweet, beautiful Kurt. I lov-"

"BUZZZZZZ BUZZZZZZ YOU MAKE ME FEEL LIKE IM LIVING A TEENAGE DREAM BUZZZZZ BUZZZZZ"
My eyes fluttered open as I grabbed my phone from my bed stand.

"Hello??" I answered.

"Kurt? Come on, Blaine just got out of surgery. They're moving him to his room now." His dad's voice boomed through the phone.

"Okay! I'm on my way now." I hung the phone up and threw it down on my bed as I jumped out and pulled my shoes on, grabbed my phone and ran straight for the door.

I'm coming Blaine.

~
A/N
Okay, so I'm a day later than I said I would be. But a day later is better than a week later.
Until Next Time, My Loves...