Chapter 11

Blaine's POV
~

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" I asked Kurt and his dad as we pulled up to my apartment building.

"What's the worse that could happen!" Kurt responded with a smile.

"It'll be fine, kid." Burt opened the door and stepped out of the car, stretching his arms in the air.
I cautiously walked towards the building, flashing Kurt a nervous look as we opened the front doors.

I saw Kurt wave to the doorman which earned a confused look from him.
"They're with me," I spoke, smiling at him as he nodded his head.
We stepped into the elevator and I pulled my keys out.

"Which floor?" Burt asked.

"Pent house." I signed, jangling my keys in front of my face and then sticking them into the key slot.

The elevator doors opened up and we stepped inside. I watched Kurt and Burt's face as they looked in amazement at the apartment.

"You live here?!" Kurt asked.
I nodded.

"Holy crap" I saw Burt mouth.

Kurt's POV
~
Holy shit. I knew Blaine had money but I didn't know he lived in a pent house!
This is amazing. He had all glass windows surrounding him with a balcony and a stunning view of the city. The light blue furniture went perfect with the white carpeting and oh my god don't even get me started on the kitc-

"I swear to god Blaine if this isn't yo- Oh! Mr. Hummel. Nice to see you again." Mr. Anderson said as he walked down the steps.

"Hello Mr. Anderson." I said with a smile.

"Not to be rude, but what brings you over here?" He asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Well, me and my father would like to speak to you about Blaine."

"Burt Hummel." Dad said, stretching his arm out in front of him.

"Aaron Anderson." He said, cautiously taking his hand. "And what about Blaine?"

I looked over at an awkwardly standing Blaine.
"You see Mr. Anderson, Blaine told me that you won't allow him to get the surgery." I started off.

"That is correct. It's too dangerous, I don't want him to get it with the risk of it damaging him even more." He crossed his arms.

"Well, we believe that you're wrong to do that and it's not your choice." Dad stepped in.

"Excuse me?" He laughed in astonishment. "He is my son. I choose if he can get the surgery or not."

"But you're not understanding that by not allowing Blaine to get the surgery, you're taking away every opportunity he could have in his career. Do you know how much that hurts him?" I questioned.

"It doesn't matt-"

"It does matter, Mr. Anderson. You don't know what he's going through. You don't know how hard this is for him. He didn't just lose his hearing that day, he lost EVERYTHING! He has a chance to get it back and you're just not giving him that option! It's his life, you need to let him make his own decisions. He needs this. Open your damn eyes and reali-"

"Kurt." Dad said, but I continued, ignoring him.

"-Ize what it is that he needs to make him happy. Do you think he's happy? You LIVE with him and-"

"Kurt." Dad said more sternly.

"don't realize how broken he is inside. He doesn't have his music. He doesn't have his happiness. CAN'T YOU SEE TH-"

"KURT!" Dad screamed, causing me to stop.

"Go somewhere else. Go upstairs. Take Blaine with you." He said, not looking at me.

"But Dad-"

"You're too heated. Go. Now." He said.

I slowly walked over to Blaine and placed my arm on his shoulder, guiding him up the steps.

"Which room can we go in?" I asked.

"My room is fine." He responded.
We walked into the bedroom and sat down on the bed.

"Why are you crying?" Blaine asked me. I looked surprised as I touched my cheeks and felt wet streaks on them.

"I don't know. I guess I just got so angry."

"Why?" He asked.

"Because I want you to get this operation. It's unfair that he won't allow you to. You need to. You need to persue your dreams. You can't do that if you can't hear. You don't believe in yourself now that you can't. With your hearing back, I know you will. I care that you believe in yourself. I care that you have a future. I care that you're obviously not happy. I want you to be happy. Blaine. I care about you..." I gently dropped my hands to my legs and looked down at them. When I looked back up Blaine was staring at me, his face was emotionless.
He slowly moved in closer to me, and then closer, and closer, and closer until I could feel his breath against me. I looked back and forth between his eyes and lips, he kept staring at my lips.
Slowly he pressed our lips together, causing me to inhale and flutter my eyes shut.
There was gentle pressure between the two of us as our lips moved in sync.

Fireworks.
Definitely Fireworks.

We slowly pulled away from each other and locked eyes. Blaine blushed slightly and looked down at his lap. I moved my hand under his chin and lifted his head back up and smiled, leaning in for another kiss, only this time, a quick peck.
Blaine smiled back at me.

"I wanted to do that for a long time." I signed.

"I think I did too, I just didn't realize it until now." He responded.

"I really like you, Blaine.." I smiled.

"I really like you, Kurt." He happily grinned back.

*Meanwhile....*

"Do you know why me and my son both know sign language?" Burt asked as him and Aaron sat down.

"Because you took it up as a hobby?" Aaron said arrogantly.

"No. Because my wife lost her hearing before she died." Burt spat back.

"Oh. I'm sorry Burt." Aaron said.

"Don't be. It's not your fault. She was deaf for 5 years before she passed. She had a very sever disease that she could not fight. The doctor suggested everyone in the house learn sign so that we could communicate better. So me, Elizabeth and Kurt did. It wasn't easy, but we got through it. Eventually we communicated easily."

"Burt, if you think this is going to convince me to-"

"Do you know what Elizabeth did every night before the disease took her hearing? She would lay her head on top of my chest and listen to my heart beat. When she no longer had her hearing, she continued to do that. Every night she would whisper to me 'Just want to hear one more time'." Burt paused as he remembered those nights.
"We asked her doctors if there was an operation she could have. They said there wasn't one.... Mr. Anderson, Blaine has an opportunity to have his hearing back. He doesn't have to go through this any longer. He has a chance to listen to the music he wants to make again. Elizabeth didn't have that chance, but all she wanted was to hear again. I tried everything for her, but there was nothing. Your son wants to make his dreams come true. Do you know how happy that would make him? I've known this kid for less than 2 days and I'm already aware of how passionate he is about music. He'll be 10 times as passionate when he gets this surgery. Just, please, let him be happy again?" Burt finished as he got up from the couch and walked into the other room, leaving Aaron to soak in everything he just said.

~
A/N
Yay they kissed!! *dances up and down*
What do you think is going to happen next?? 🤔
Until Next Time, My Lovelies....