Chapter 4: What A Wonderful Day To Be Me

WARNING!!! THIS CHAPTER MAY HAVE SOME SEXUAL CONTENT ALONG WITH BAD WORDS!! TURN BAKC NOW IF AT YOUR OWN WILL!!!

It's been a few weeks now. I don't know if I'll be moving anytime soon. Mom's been being weird again. Been drinking a lot when getting home from  work. Bobby's been lazy,  as most of Mom's boyfriends are.

I would be really surprised if she finds a real gentleman. Mom's a pretty woman, so I can understand why most of the men she dates are ass's that just want nothing but sex and money.

Poor mom. I still don't know how she doesn't see this. Everyday when she gets home from work. First thing every single one of them would do, jump up from the couch, ask if she had a nice day, and start kissing her as if it was the last chance to sex.

It is really gross too.

School's doing fine. Amber's been surprisingly nice. I'm liking Sara. She's really fun to hang out with. It's better at school than it is at home right now.

This morning I wake to the sound of buzzing alarm clocks. I have 5 cause they are never loud enough to wake me by them selves. 

I reach for each one and smash each and every button down. 

A good day it will be today. It's Monday and I am loving school for the first time in forever. 

"For the first time in forever.There'll be music there'll be light!" I start singing under my breath. I don't even know if I'm singing it right.

***

Later at school. I'm walking up to the school doors. 

"Gwen!" a heard a voice that I'm glad I've gotten use to, "I'm so glad I found you! I some important stuff to tell ya!"

"Hi Sara. Okay." I put in.

We walk together the rest of the way to the doors. As we are almost there, I notice a cheerleader mauling our quarter back's face.

"Sara. Look," I nudge her and point.

She looks at the too and then a angry face came onto it, "Why didn't anybody tell me about the zombie apocalypse??!!" 

We laugh for a bit, walking into the school building. Of course the school is still pretty dual, but it feels more colorful when I'm with my best friend Sara.

We climb up the stairs and at the top of the second floor is none other than Miss. Queen Bee herself.

"Hello fellow students." she spoke with her hands on her hips and a devil grin on her face, "This floor and the one above are under sport girl restriction. If you're not in sports then you are not aloud on these floors this morning."

Sara stares at me with a sorry look in her eyes.

"Is there anything you need from your locker?" she asks me like a sappy puppy. 

I just stand there. I hand her my locker number code. "My science, math, and social studies books."

I throw on my hood and walk back down the stairs. I hear Amber snickering as I walk down the stairs. Apparently she thought she brought me down. Actually this was my way of not having to be around her at all.

I walk into the lunch room. The room is filled with teens. Boys playing basketball, nerds chatting over whatever nerds talk about, and then so many more people just doing what ever.

The room was mostly full of boys. I decide this is not the best place to hang this morning. I turn away with a "That was Awkward" face.

I almost bump into the quarter back zombie from earlier. He doesn't even seem to notice me which is good.

I sneak past him with ease.  I find myself sitting at the bottom of the stairs. Waiting for Sara is all I can think of doing right now.

I take a glance at my watch, it's been 5 minutes sense she went up there. I wonder where she is?

I start to think of negative things. She could be hurt or being made fun of or they just wanted to get her alone so they can attack her.

Then I hear steps beside me.

"HI Gwen!" Sara sits down beside me.

I let out a single breath that I no idea was being held. She's not in pain or being made fun of.

"Here. I got you your stuff. You got an easy locker code this year. Last year mine was pure evil," I start to smile shyly at the thought of an evil lock.

"So how was it hanging with 'Miss I Am The Queen Bee'?" I ask still smiling. She laughs at the name.

"Oh MY! It was worse than I could of ever Imagined! The Queen is so rude for a Queen! I don't understand how she deals with her poor fashion choice and her subjects just hate her!" Sara replies acting like a rich important person. We both burst out laughing.

I hear Amber's light stubborn steps come down the stairs we're sitting on. I can feel her frustrated breathing on my hair. Sara and I just keep laughing though. We try to make our point that we don't need to go up there  to have fun.

"So. What's so funny," Amber asks with her hands on her hips.

We ignore her and keep laughing.

"If it's so funny just tell me!!" she screams as if it's the last thing she'll ever do.

We continue laughing then Sara gets enough air to say, "Well we would but we aren't aloud to talk to the sluts up stairs!" 

We stand up with our stuff and continue laughing as we walk away from her.

We finally get far enough away from her and I giggle, "Did you see the face of that piece shit when we just got up and walked away!! I still laughing so fucking HARD!!"

We get outside the building and we finally settle down.

We talk, "Sara. That was amazing." I almost chocked on my own throat from all the laughing.

"Yeah those bitches can suck their own dicks!"