Chapter 3: Weirdest Ending of A Day Ever

So many classes. So many other teens. So much sameness. 

Boring classes. Annoying teachers. Mean kids. It's all the same white noise and back round nonsense.

I continue staring blankly at the even blanker wall beside me. 

The teacher passes out a stupid worksheet and then a high pitched squeal comes. The sound was none that a human could make. Knowing what it is, I slide out of my seat and grab the silly homework. Slinking out of the classroom unnoticeable has become easy for me these past few years.

Wandering the halls better than the teens who have gone here for ages. No friend or person of interest. Nothing but the person that wakes up every morning waiting for school to just go away.

All these lemmings following the popular girls all over school, picking up there trash, there hair, there stuff. It just gets gross. These are almost adult men and women following what seems to be a big baby in pink skirts and lipstick.

Day three, almost done. All is the same. And all is so blan.

"Hey Gwen!" I here a filmier voice call from behind me.

I smile, the person was no other than Sara. "Hi Sara!" I say calmly smiling. It's gonna take some time getting used to having someone I can talk too. Sara does seem nice enough for that.

We start walking side by side. She starts talking and laughing. She even makes me laugh a bit. I feel happy at home for the first time in a long time. 

"So how we all doing in Gwentopilas?" Sara asked a normal silly and cheerful manner.

I smile and continue walking. It's the end of the day and school hasn't been so bad.

"Everybody's doing just fine." I respond still smiling. She smiles even bigger. We head to our lockers, that we are lucky t have next to one another, and giggle over some little things. 

I don't think I can tell her everything yet, but we do get along really well. I open my locker as she talks nonstop about her new kitten she got 2 days ago. I "ooo" and "aaaawwwe!" at what she says.

We continue down the steps and head outside. We talk about our favorite animals the whole way. But of course we run into the queen bee herself.

"You! Over there! Yes, you guppy boy. Go get me a soda. Make it diet and no sprite or cola!" Amber shouted over to a small chubby boy.

She turned to talk to her lemmings sitting next to her. She caught me staring at her with a slight glare.

Her face dropped into a glare. The she stared at me with a huge devilish grin.

"Oh! Gwen! Come on over here! Come join us! I'd love you to meet my friends!" Amber called over looking like she really wanted to hang. 

All of her "friends"-more like lemmings-were whispering and chattering to each other that Amber really called them "her friends".

You looked at Sara for help. Her face was frozen with fear. I sigh. Of course I have to go over there. This is how bullies work.

I move towards Amber and the lemmings. All the girls look at me with curiosity in there eyes.

"Gwen. So nice of you to join us!" Amber smiles another devil grin a little more obvious this time though. I can tell Sara doesn't want to be there but I can also tell she wants to stay by my side in cace something happens. I guess she's a really loyally person.

The grin stays upon her face until one of her lemming looks at her.

"Amber, are we gonna hang with these girls today?" the only sweet and innocent looking one asks almost like she knew something was up.

Amber only tries to look innocent. The girl just shrugs it off.

"So girls!" Amber announces to her followers, "This is Gwen and... well. We have a Sara today!  Let's grab around of applause for the new girl in school!"

Amber says almost happily and glad that I am here.

I sigh and wave to all the girls. Then I walk silently away. Sara was frozen up there. She couldn't move. I only got a few steps before I relieved that she wasn't going anywhere. Walked back over to the group of lemmings. I grabbed Sara's arm and pulled her away.

We walked in silence for a while.

"Well that happened," Sara gasped trying to recover from shock.

"Mhmm."

"Yep."

"Totally happened," I ended the conversation. Bringing back that awkward silence. 

We traveled all the way back to our own houses not saying a single word.

I was surprised that I didn't call my mother. First new school goal, COMPLETE.