Eddie and Alex swear by gut feelings, especially when it comes to me specifically. Eddie calms he had this feeling the day I was born but there's no real way to prove it, other than of course my premature birth and Alex backing him up completely. With something like that happening it's hard to ignore these gut feelings.

With all this being said, I really want to be able to ignore it because of the fact that I want to experience my hometown with my husband and my daughter! I haven't been to Nijmegen since before I met Tommy and I missed it here. It's been about five years but it seems like nothing has changed, it's still my home.

"Babe, are you okay?" Tommy asks me, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I say but it doesn't convince him or our daughter.

"Are you sure, mama?" Melody wonders and I smile.

"Yeah, I'm okay." I promise her. "I was just off in my own little world."

"You've been doing that a lot lately." Tommy notices. "Are you sure that you're okay?"

"You worry too much, I'm fine." I promise and lace my fingers through his.

"Okay but the minute--"

"You'll be the first to know when I'm not okay." I promise and kiss his knuckles. "I love you."

"I love you too." He tells me and kisses my hair.

"And I love you three." Melody laughs and I smile.

We wander around the Grote Markt, the Great Market, for close to an hour before going back to the hotel. That was the point that Tommy was convinced that I wasn't doing too well and he decided we all (meaning me) needed rest. When we got back to the hotel the hostess ran up to me and told me that my mother needed me to call her.

"What was all that about?" Tommy wonders as we step into the elevator.

"She just told me that my mum called and she wanted me to call her back." I explain.

"Isn't it like seven o'clock in the morning in California?" My husband asks and I nod.

"Something like that." I agree.

When we get back to the room I directly go over to the phone and dial my home phone number.

Tommy

I lay down sleeping Melody on the bed and cover her up with her favourite blanket. Yes, Melody was the one to fall asleep but I think Katie needs rest more than any of us. Something is going on inside that head of hers and I can't figure it out.

I look up to see Katie talking in Dutch on the phone with her mother. She wears no expression on her face as she twists the phone cord around her finger. Katie doesn't look sad, mad, or happy for that matter. She's just listening to her mum talk and absorbing everything.

"Oke mama. Ik zal op de volgende vlucht. Ik hou van je, bye." Katie says quietly before hanging up the phone.

I only know a few words in that sentence and I really can't piece together a whole conversation from: okay, mum, I love you, and bye.

"You okay?" I ask for what I seem like is the hundredth time today.

"Uh, my dad just died." She admits and looks up at me with almost confused eyes.

"What?" I ask and walk over closer to her.

"Mum said that it was caused from alcoholism." Katie explains and I rub her arms. "I-I never got to say goodbye." She doesn't get the words out of her mouth before tears start to stream down her cheeks.

"Baby." I whisper and wipe her tears from her cheeks.

"I need to get home..I need to get to him." Katie mumbles and I shake my head.

"We need to get home." I whisper. "You, me, and Melody we need to get home. We need to get to our family."

A small smile cracks the surface of Katie's sadness and I kiss her forehead.

"If we have a boy I think we should name him Sebastian Jan David." She tells me. "Johann Sebastian Bach was my dad's favourite composer and then our dads' names."

"I think it's perfect." I admit.

Katie's dad is gone, I honestly can't believe it. Her father accepted me into their family with open arms and told me that I was going to be a fantastic father to Melody even though she was born out of wedlock. It's safe to say I was always close with my father in law....if this is what I'm feeling, I can't imagine what's going on inside Katie's head right now.