Tommy's Birthday

"I don't need a babysitter." I tell Eddie and Alex as we walk towards the doctors office. "Let alone two. I mean I'm going to be a mum in a few months, I think I'll be able to handle going to the doctors alone."

"Tommy has to be in the studio today so he told us to come with you." Alex tells me and I roll my eyes. "Besides I want to see what my nephew looks like."

"You mean our niece." Eddie says and I roll my eyes.

It's the third of October so it's Tommy's birthday but it's also the day we can find out the gender of our baby. I'm really excited to tell Tommy about the gender and with it begin on his birthday I think it just makes it that much more exciting. We also get to tell everyone later one considering Van Halen, Mötley Crüe, Poison, and my band is meeting at a bar for Tommy's birthday.

I lead my brothers into the doctors office and tell them to sit down while I sigh in. I glance over my shoulder while filling out some papers to see my older brothers shoving each other like five year olds. They say that I'm the immature one. When I finish filling out the papers I sit down between Eddie and Alex so they can't hurt each other and I look down at my stomach.

I haven't gained a lot of weight which worries me a little bit but I also have seen pictures of my mum when she was pregnant with Eddie, Alex, and I and she didn't look pregnant when she was eight months pregnant. I don't know maybe it's a genetic thing, as long as the baby is healthy then I don't care.

"What do you think you're having?" Alex asks me after a while and I shrug.

"I don't really know. Hannah is convinced that it's a boy, Nikki thinks it's a girl. Tommy and I really don't care, we just want the baby to be healthy." I explain and he nods.

"But you've gotta have a preference?" Eddie asks and I shake my head.

"I honestly don't care if the baby is a boy or a girl, Eddie." I explain.

"Well, I think it's going to be a girl." My middle brother says and Alex rolls his eyes.

"You think wrong, Edward." Our oldest brother says. "It's going to be a boy. I can feel it in my bones."

"Is this like the time you 'could feel it in your bones' that Missy Carter had a thing for you but you got your teeth knocked in by her boyfriend?" Eddie asks with a laugh and Alex sighs.

"That's different." He defends. "And she did have a thing for me."

Before Eddie could argue more I get called back into one of the rooms. Eddie and Alex follow me but I keep telling them to be good. I get set up for the ultrasound while my brothers sit on chairs against the wall. They both watch the screen intensely hoping to get a look at their little niece or nephew.

"Psst Katie!" Eddie calls in a loud whisper making the doctor laughs.

"Psst Eddie." I mock and he smiles.

"Is that noise the baby's heart?" My brother asks and Alex rolls his eyes.

"No dumbass, that's the baby's stomach." Alex says.

"Alex be nice." I scold. "Yes Eddie, that's the heartbeat." I explain and he nods.

"Now are you wanting to know the gender of the baby?" The doctor asks me and I nod.

The doctor moves the little handheld device around a bit more before stopping again. He freeze the screen and looks at me before smiling.

"Congratulations Miss Van Halen, you're going to have a daughter." He says and I smile.

A little girl, Tommy is going to love that so much! Eddie looks at our older brother and laughs.

"I told you so, asshole." He says. "That feeling in your bones is such horse shit, I knew the baby was going to be a girl." Eddie says proudly.

At this point the doctor raises his eyebrow at me and I sigh.

"I'm sorry about my brothers, they're a little competitive." I say simply and the doctor nods.

Tommy

When I got home from the studio I was greeted with the news that Katie is carrying my daughter. We're going to have a little girl which I'm extremely excited for. I can't wait to have a little Katie running around, I mean at least in my head I'm praying that our daughter is a spitting image of her mother.

Right now I'm sitting in a bar surrounded by my band, Katie's older brothers' band, Katie's best friend's boyfriend's band, and Katie's band. Katie is sitting on my lap and I pull her in closer to me. Nikki and Vince are trying their damnedest to out drink Bret and Bobby which is an odd sight. Other than that everyone is just kinda talking amongst themselves.

I leave one of my arms wrapped around Katie with my hand on her stomach. I can feel the baby move around once and a while which makes Katie squirm because she's not quite used to something moving around inside of her. After a little while Katie's hand wraps around mine and she squeezes my hand a bit.

"Hey, hey, hey! I got something to say." David speaks up and we all look over to him. "Now whether we like it or not we're all a really fucking twisted extended family, I mean not by blood but we're all intertwined. Nothing will ever mean more than the people in this room. No matter if we hate each other, like CC and Katie. Or if you only put up with someone because eh knocked up your sister...Eddie and Alex." He coughs and we laugh. "Or if you're unborn like Tommy and Katie's..." David kinda hints for us to say the gender and Katie nods at me.

"Our daughter." I say proudly.

"No matter which way we go or how everything turns out, the people in this room are more important than fame, money, and fortune. Salute." David finishes and holds up his beer.

"Salute." We all follow in suit.

"What the hell does 'salute' even mean?" CC asks Hannah who rolls her eyes.

"Same thing as cheers." She explains.

Yeah, our daughter is going to have a weird ass family but we do all care about each other. A lot more than any of us will actually admit to.