End Of Vacation

It's our last day in Rio, I love it here and I've had so much fun but I miss my daughter. I know Tommy misses Melody too. We fly out tomorrow morning which is pretty exciting. I can't wait to go home and I can't wait to hold my baby again.

I roll over into Tommy and my husband's grip tightens around me before he kisses my shoulder.

"I love you." He mumbles.

"I love you too." I whisper and wrap my arms around his torso.

It's still really early in the morning and neither of us are prepared for face the day yet. Without opening my eyes I can see the early morning sunlight that is coming into the room. I can hear the waves crashing against the shore, I can hear people laughing at the beach, and I can hear tropical birds singing as the fly around. Everything is peaceful here.

No matter how peaceful it is here I miss my hectic life back home. I miss my brothers who with steal away my daughter and feed her candy then return her home. I miss how I'll just come downstairs and Nikki is eating cereal with Melody. Most of all I miss Melody, I almost feel guilty for having fun away from her.

"I can hear your mind going a million miles a minute." Tommy laughs quietly and I laugh. "What are you thinking about?"

"Nothing really, just thinking about home." I admit.

"You miss Melody." He tells me.

"I do miss her, I miss her a lot." I admit. "I've never been away from her for this long before. I know she's safe but...I don't know."

"Baby, you're talking to someone who spends time away from you and Melody all the time, I know exactly what you're talking about and it fucking sucks." Tommy tells me. "It just makes it so much better when you're reunited."

"I can't wait." I admit and kiss his shoulder.

"I know, baby." He says softly. "If we have another baby do you want to have another girl or a boy?"

"I think Melody would love to have a little sister but I've always wanted a son." I admit. "I'll be happy either way."

"We have a daddy's girl, I guess we need a mama's boy." My husband laughs and I smile.

"Sounds great." I agree and Tommy pulls back so he can peck my lips. "I kinda love you, Tommy Lee."

"I kinda love you too, Katie Lee." He beams and kisses me again.

Tommy

Katie took being away from Melody better than I thought she would. Like obviously we missed our daughter but we were able to push that aside and have fun. Rio was a lot of fun don't get me wrong but going home to our baby Melody was just an amazing feeling.

We're probably a little jet lagged, I mean we spent the last eleven hours on a plane. We're tired but going over to Katie's parents house to wake up Melody and bring her home couldn't wait. Katie pulls up in front of her parents house and looks over to me.

"Let's go get our baby." She smiles and I laugh.

It's creeping close to midnight so I'm going to be a little worried if Melody isn't asleep. Katie holds onto my hand and leads me up the path to her parents front door, she doesn't hesitate to open the door and walk inside. Jan and Eugenia are sitting on the couch watching old reruns of Little Rascals, one of Melody's favourite shows.

"Hi mum, hi dad." My wife beams as she hugs his parents.

Jan and Eugenia hug the both of us, after the way our relationship started it means a lot to me that my mother and father in law accept me into their family. They ask us about our trip and comment on Katie's tan.

"Was Melody good?" Katie asks even though we know the answer.

"Oh of course!" Eugenia assures us. "She's upstairs asleep."

"Well, not for long." I laugh and pull my wife upstairs.

Melody sleeps in Katie's old bedroom when she sleeps over at her Oma and Opa's house. My wife's old bedroom is filled with old records and loads of pictures from her childhood, pictures of her, Eddie, and Alex growing up as well as pictures of her and her friends. Her walls are painted dark blue and her queen sized bed makes our daughter look so tiny.

We open the door into the dark room, we can hear our baby snoring which makes me smile. We tiptoe over to the bed and sit on the edge of the bed. I gently shake Melody awake as Katie turns on the lamp.

Melody groans and tries to roll over, she mumbles something about five more minutes which makes me laugh.

"Come on, lamb. We missed you." I say gently.

"Daddy? Mama?" Melody mumbles as she rubs her eyes and slowly starts to sit up.

"Yeah, Melody. Want to go home?" Katie asks softly.

Melody doesn't even answer, she just hugs our necks tightly and we laugh. Our daughter mumbles about how much that she missed us. I missed my daughter so fucking much and so did Katie. Now we're all reunited and it's perfect.

After a while of us just embracing, Katie scoops up our daughter as I pack up her bag. I look over to see my tiny wife struggling to hold up the dead weight of our daughter and I smile.

"You okay?" I ask and she nods while readjusting Melody.

"She's getting big." Katie says and I nod.

"Kinda miss her being a little baby." I admit and she smiles.

"Maybe we got lucky and I got pregnant in Rio." She says as she bounces Melody gently.

"I hope so." I admit.

We're not twenty two anymore, we're twenty five. We're married and have a stable life, our daughter has turned out perfectly fine. I honestly think that we're in a good spot to have another baby and Katie agrees with me. I just hope we got lucky on this trip.