22.

Melanie Stephen

I woke up wrapped in the thick covers. Miles had long left to go to the office to handle business leaving only Diamond and I in the house. My appointment was soon so I decided to go ahead and get up for the day.

I cleared my throat while checking my phone to see 2 messages from Jayceon and a missed call from the Jail that my brother was in.

I called my brother back since he's more important and I'm sure whatever it is must be serious. I called back and he picked up.

"Goodmorning sis I'm sorry for calling you so early but I have a court date tomorrow for them to appeal my case and I was hoping that you and mama and pops could come to support me."

"Uh yeah definitely we'll be there and I have something really important to tell you too, but I'll wait to tell you tomorrow since I have to tell dad also."

"Okay well be at the courthouse at around ten-ish and I'll see you then, I love you."

"I love you too Magic." I smiled through the phone and felt my heart warming up.

"Aight take care." We ended our call and I smiled from cheek to cheek. He put me in a happy mood for the rest of the day since I have hope that he will be able to get out of prison to see me give birth to his niece or nephew.

I stood to my feet and clenched my stomach, feeling the need to vomit again. This would make it the sixth time since late last night and it's not making me any happier about this pregnancy thing.

I rushed into the bathroom and bent over the toilet and emptied what little contents I had left in my stomach and stood to brush my teeth and shower. I checked everything to make sure that I was good before stripping and stepping into the warm shower.

It lasted for about thirty minutes and I stepped out, wrapping the white towel with my initials on it around my body. I walked into the closet to find something to wear and pulled out some joggers and an oversized hoodie. I'm not impressing any one anyways and I felt comfortable that way.

I laid everything out and went to work on my hair which I usually straighten, but I decide to leave it as a curly mess. I put it up in a bun and added some moisturizer to keep it fresh.

I walked back into the room to slip on my under garments and then my clothes. Jayceon was calling me again so I picked up.

"Aye did you want to ride with me to your appointment or what." He said as if he had an attitude.

"Nah I'm straight I'm leaving now so I'll be there soon."

"Aight." He said and hung up. I know he don't have an attitude I swear I hope this isn't his baby.

I walked downstairs and into the kitchen to grab something quick to eat and fed diamond before I left out for good. Usually Miles lets me take the rover, but he's driving it today so I'll drive his Truck instead. I unlocked it and hopped in before starting the it up and plugged my phone up to the aux and I started singing along to Alessia Cara's 'Scars to your beautiful'. This had to be my most favorite song right now.

I pulled out and headed to the doctors office, nervous the entire time. Hopefully everything goes well.

"Alright Melanie how are you today?" The Doctor asked as she took a seat in her rolling chair. I was laying back on the exam table with my legs propped up in the air.