Is This A Date?

Depuis le début

Ash:"I don't know as well. So seems like you want go to the movies"

Serena:"Well there isn't much to do, so why not?"

Ash laughed, "alright but lets go get some lunch first."

Serena giggled at Ash and his food. They got in his truck and drove to Five Guys. It was Ash's favorite burger place. They got their meal and Ash ate his food like normal but he was quiet so Serena took notice and asked.

Serena:"Ash? Are you okay?"

Ash looked up and smiled

Ash:"Yeah I'm fine. I was just thinking."

Serena:"What were you thinking about?"

Ash was hesitant but came clean, "well, my best friend in Kanto told me some things and got me wondering. Serena are we out on a date?"

Serena was left in shock. She didn't think Ash would ask something like this so early. She sat there in shock and made Ash worry.

Ash:"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have asked something like that" he put his head down.

Serena snapped back into reality and saw Ash looking sad. She picked his head up and gave him a warm smile

Serena:"No its okay. I was just surprised about your question. You didn't seem like you would ask that, but ill ask this. Do you want it to be a date?"

Ash:"I mean I don't know much about dating. Gary told me some stuff about dating and liking a girl. I didn't understand it. He asked about you and how I felt towards you. When I told him everything he said that everything I thought about you fit into the category of liking you. I just don't know. I mean yes? Is that the correct answer?"

Serena was even more shocked. She blushed furiously. "Well A-ash W-what d-do y-you think a-about m-me?"

Ash looked dumbfounded but still answered, "well I think you're a great friend. You have been here for me. Even though we didn't start off well I feel like I can trust you with anything.  When I'm with you I feel relaxed but nervous at the same time. You look great in anything you wear. It is just fun to be around you"

Serena was red as a tomato now. She was speechless. She knew Ash was falling for her. He just didn't know it yet.

Serena smiled widely, "well Ash, I feel the same way about you. With that said, yes, this is a date"

Even though Ash didn't know what it meant he smiled.

Ash:"Alright, let's head to the movies"

Ash and Serena got in his truck and headed to the movie theatre. Not many good movies were on but Ouija. Serena was hesitant but she went with Ash.

Throughout the movie Serena practically was in Ash's lap. She was so scared. At the beginning when the girl hung herself on the chandelier, Serena screamed so loud everyone looked at her. Ash nervously chuckled and told Serena that she is more than welcomed to hold onto him. Ash during the movie thought it was funny. He knew when it was all gonna happen. It was predictable to him. After the movie Serena basically ran out of the theatre. She left ash behind and darted straight to his truck. Ash finally caught up to her and she was shaking. Ash didn't think that movie would make her that scared. He got concerned and went and hugged her. Serena started to calm down and ash spoke up.

Ash: "Serena I didn't think that movie would scare you so much"

Serena finally got into a stable state, "its okay, just promise me that we won't see anything like that again please?"

Ash:"I promise, besides that ain't real at all. Its pretty much made up. I've played it before and nothing happened. You don't need to worry Serena. You're safe with me."

Serena smiled and blushed, "I know I am. I wouldn't want to be with anyone else"

Ash blushed a little bit, "I think I'm starting to understand what Gary is saying to me" he mumbled

Serena:"Did you say something?"

Ash looked at her, "no, I was just singing"

Serena laughed' "okay, you aren't the best liar. Come on tell me, what did you say?"

Ash sighed, "well I said I think I'm starting to understand what Gary told me. About the dating and everything. Its all starting to process through my brain"

Serena blushed, "well let me help you with that" she then leaned forward to Ash.

Ash didn't know what was happening but he let his body take over. He was doing the same until BOOM! the sound of thunder.

Serena jumped into his arms and started to shake.

Serena:"A-ash. I-im s-scared of t-thunder s-storms"

Ash pulled her into a hug, "its okay, lets get home before it hits"

Ash and Serena got into his truck and drove to her house. They talked about a few things and some childhood stories. Ash finally got to Serena's house and walked her to her house. Before he could leave Serena grabbed him.

Serena: "Ash? Could you stay here tonight? My moms out of town and I don't want to be here alone"

Ash got nervous, "um I can ask mom real fast"

Ash texted Delia and asked her. It was a couple of minutes before she replied but she said he could. He just has to be home by lunch tomorrow. Ash smiled and told her he could. Serena instantly jumped on him and brought him inside. They got on the couch and watched a comedy. Ash was laughing so hard he wanted to rewind the the part again. He was about to say Serena's name but noticed something

Ash;"Serena you need to-" Serena was fast asleep on his shoulder. Ash didn't mind. He actually liked it. He decided that it was time for bed. He picked Serena up and was surprised at how light she was. He then took her to her room and placed her in her bed and was about to walk back to the couch when Serena sleepily said his name.

Serena:"Ash? Could you sleep with me tonight. It makes me feel comfortable."

Ash panicked, "um um Serena is it okay? I don't know if I sho-"

Serena softly giggled, "yes it is silly, come on it'll be okay. I want you to"

Ash sighed, "okay let me go get a pair of shorts out of my truck" he then walked out to his truck and got his shorts. He changed and went back to Serena's room. He got into her bed and was about to fall sleep but before he could, Serena scooted over to him and wrapped his arm around her. Ash got scared

Ash:"Serena are yo-"

Serena sighed, "yes I am. I would t have done it if I didn't want to. Calm down. Its okay I won't bite" she giggled at his childish actions.

Ash sighed in relief and relaxed. He then brought her closer to him and fell sleep instantly. Serena blushed furiously but soon calmed down and smiled.

"Best date ever," she mumbled. She then drifted to a happy slumber.
Ash is finally understanding his feelings for Serena. Serena couldn't be happier. Everything feels right for them. How will they confess? We shall see soon....

That's the chapter! Hope you liked the first date! Like always, leave feedback!