Chapter 9- The Young and the Restless

Start from the beginning

A little early? It wasn't even Thanksgiving yet!

Wait, what?

"YOU BLEW UP A BUILDING!?"

"I for one, am offended." Stanton stepped forward, putting a hand over his heart. Behind him, I could see Conner and Sam fist bump. I glared at them, before turning back to look at Stanton expectantly.

"Why would you just automatically assume it was us? And anyway, there weren't any people in the building. Plus, there were no witnesses." He smirked.

"Just you wait till Mom finds out-"

"Well come on Sellbells." Stanton interrupted me by grabbing Sandy from my arms, and placing him on Conner's back. Sandy instantly wrapped his arms and legs around him tightly, while Conner pretended to be choking as he gasped for air dramatically.

Ahhhh boys. I for one, am eternally grateful to have been born female.

But then, Stanton grabbed me and slung me over his shoulder so I was staring at the back of his shirt. "Let's get you cleaned up sis!"

Scratch that. The only major drawback of being female is the size and strength disadvantages.

"Hey!" I pounded on his back, but he only laughed as we headed towards the kitchen. I looked up to see Sam and Conner following, Sandy still clinging to Conners back like a koala bear.

I couldn't help but laugh as Sandy waved at me happily from over Conners shoulder. Sam reached over to ruffle his head, which only made him smile even bigger.

And for the first time in a while, my life felt complete, even if I was completely surrounded by guys.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"No way."

"Sorry, it's true." Sam shrugged.

"No way in hell."

"I agree, it is kind of true." Stanton smirked.

"There is no way, that I look anything like Snookie!" My face was turning pink.

"Denial." Conner teased me.

We were sitting around the sofa, talking like old times. The twins were sitting on the big sofa, stretching their arms and legs so there wasn't any room for me. So instead, I was sitting on the love seat on Conner's lap. It was after ten, so Sandy was asleep in his room.

I punched Sam in the shoulder, slightly pleased when he cried out. "Yow! You act like her too."

That wiped the grin off my face. "I do not look like that whore!"

"What's a whore?" Sandy asked curiously.

Everyone went quiet as Sandy walked in. "Uhhhhh..." Conner shot me a look.

"Nothing Sandy, go back to bed." I said.

He shook his little head, crossing his arms over his chest. "No. I'm a big boy now. What's a whore?"

I nudged Stanton with my elbow, silently telling him to make something up. He shot me a glare before turning back to Sandy. "Uhhhh... You see.... It means.... A really bad person."

"Oh." Sandy instantly looked happy again. "So Sam is a whore, Stanty?"

One look and Conner and I started laughing hysterically, thinking about Sam's man-whore tendencies. Sam looked a little offended, and Stanton was smiling widely back at Sandy. "That's right Sandman, Sam is a whore."

"Ok!" He smiled. "Whore! Come tuck me back in!" He grabbed Sams hand, pulling him off of the sofa and down the hall. Sam looked over his shoulder to shoot daggers at us as we continued to laugh.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~

By now it was far past midnight.

Everyone except me was fast asleep, and Conner had already left to go home. Sometimes, I wished I could just tell everyone about us, so we didn't have to sneak around.

Because I knew, that I wouldn't be able to fall asleep without his arms around me.

Sighing, I sat up in my bed and turned on my lamp. I stood up, not hearing a single sound throughout the house. I paused at my door, peeking my head out to look at the dark, empty hallway. Everything was quiet.

I tiptoed down the stairs, repeatedly glancing over my shoulder to check that I hadn't woken anyone up. Once I made my way to the kitchen, I rummaged the drawers for a flashlight.

Luckily, I found one that worked, even though it was bright pink and had hello kitty on it.

I stood in front of the front door, looking over my shoulder one last time only to find darkness and more silence.

I quickly made my way outside, slowly closing the door behind me. Not a sound stirred, and I let out a sigh of relief.

I felt like such a spy.

The streets were quiet, all the lights in neighboring houses turned off. The only light came from a lonely street light. I jogged across my lawn, suddenly realizing that I hadn't even bothered putting on shoes.

I was half way there when a light flickered on and I froze in my tracks. The neighbors probably wouldn't be all to keen to wake up in the middle of the night, and see the teenager next door sneaking across their lawn like some sort of burglar, in her relatively exposing pj's.

But when the front door swung open, Travis stepped out of his house.

I don't think I had ever seen his hair so messy, because it's usually perfectly in place. I nearly slapped myself, when I thought it looked kind of hot.

"Oh, hey Selena." He yawned.

I knew I must have looked pretty weird with my pj's and my hello kitty flashlight obviously heading towards Conner's house, but I figured that I should at least try to act like I wasn't completely humiliated.

"Hello."

He gave me a strange look. "What are you doing?"

My face was probably starting to turn pink. So instead of answering, I gasped, pointing in the opposite direction and trying to look surprised.

"Look a distraction!"

"What?" He took the bait, looking away and giving me time to take off running towards Conner's house like a maniac.

"Night!" I called over my shoulder, before running up Conner's driveway. When I got to the front door, I knocked loud enough for him to hear me if he was sleeping. I was particularly grateful that his family was away, because I was sure that this would be pretty hard to explain.

Conner opened the door, hair ruffled and shirtless in all his glory. His eyes were slightly bloodshot, as if he was having trouble sleeping too. As he saw me, his lips broke into a smile.

"Hi S! You totally read my mind." He let me in, kissing my cheek as I brushed past him.

When we had made our way back to his room, I immediately jumped into his bed, snuggling into the covers and closing my eyes. I felt the bed bounce slightly as Conner laid down next to me. His hands found their way around my waist, and he pulled me back against him, my back to his chest.

I heard him sigh in content near my ear, as sleep found me right away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi! I just wanted to say, if you have any suggestions on what should happen next, please tell me! It takes me forever to decide what to write about. :/

Thanks! :)