Chapter 12 - Surprise

Start from the beginning

"Wh-what's going on." I shot up. 

"Calm down Skye. We're almost to my stop. I just thought i'd wake you." He said. I sat up and looked. Jay was gone. In fact, almost the entire bus was empty. How long had I been asleep?

This always happens to me. I'd fall asleep and then wake up, and it would take a moment to place where I was at and what time it was. Or if it was even the same day.

I watched as the bus pulled to his stop. "I'll text you later." He smiled at me and left the bus.

I said bye to him and went to the front of bus to sit. I was getting lonely in the back all by myself.

"That boy, he likes you." The bus driver pointed.

"Who. Siva?" I asked.

"Yeah. He's in love with you. I can see the way he looks at you. It's love."

The bus driver and I were really good acquaintances and I normally talk to him because he's a cool guy. But what he just said seems a little too far-fetched.

Siva has never liked me in that way. Wouldn't he have said something to me by now? It's been 8 years.

"No..he doesn't like me. He would never."

"How do you know?"

I was stumped. How did I know? I mean, Siva hasn't shown any sign of affection. It's been 8 fucking years. I'm pretty sure that by now, he would have done something. 

"I've known him basically my entire life. I'm pretty sure that he would have done something by now if he felt that way." I replied.

"You never know. People can surprise you." He looked at me and winked. 

-

Nathan's POV

I was sitting around, watching TV at home with Max. "So. When do you plan on making a real move on Skye?" He asked as he flipped through channels.

"I don't know. I think I'm going to take her on a proper date soon."

"You'd better get handsome for her." He warned me playfully.

"I will, don't worry." I laughed. I thought about what it would be like for me to take Skye out on a date. I would make sure that she had the best time. She deserves nothing but the best.

"What do think Tom is going to do about that friend of hers?" He asked.

"I hope he does something. If he doesn't talk to her now, he may not ever. Then he'll regret it." I said.

"You and Skye could hook them up." He pointed out.

"I'm gonna let Tom try and talk to her on his own. I imagine that Skye did the same with her friend." I shrugged.

"I need to talk to you about something." I said.

"Sure."

"So, Skye's other friend Siva thinks that there's something off about me. Thinks that i'm dangerous." I said.

"Really?" He sounded confused.

"Yeah."

"Does he think you're a vampire?"

"Not that I know of."

"Then you have nothing to worry about."

"Yes I do."

"How so?"

"He said that i'm dangerous. Meaning that he thinks that I'll harm Skye." I said.

"Do you plan on harming her?"

"When you say that..."

"Do you plan on biting her."

"Yeah, of course, but I want to when I think she'll understand. At a later time." My voice trailed off.

"You should keep your eye out." He replied.

As if I didn't know that before. I just nodded my head.

I started thinking about how I would tell Skye. No doubt, she would probably laugh at it firsthand, maybe even call me crazy. But once I proved it, it would be no laughing matter. I just hope she can accept it.

I want to turn her, I really do. I often hide it when i'm around her, but the scent of her blood is like ecstasy to me. I could smell it a trillion times and it would have the same affect every single time. It turns me on.

Yes, I know, that's weird. But it's rare that someone's blood turns me on. Actually, it's pretty fucking rare for a single human to turn me on. 

Yes, she turns me on. That's crazy. Because unless she's...

No. 

She can't be.

Unless...

It could happen.

I think Skye might be my soulmate.