Chapter Four - "Built For Sin"

Comincia dall'inizio

               It probably wasn't the brightest idea but I stormed out of the mansion.  Walking out of the gates, I felt a slight sense of freedom.  It was almost like they were trapping me in there.

               Maybe somewhere out here I'd find answers or something that triggers my memory.  I could only hope.

BALT

               Six days.  Six days we'd been waiting.   It seemed like she was never going to leave wherever those angels had hidden her.   It was a tedious task but Marcus had high hopes that she'd come out soon.

               “Why?”  I asked him, sitting in the Range Rover.  We were on demon territory.  Marcus said she'd come this way – we could only trust him.  It seemed like he'd done this before.

               “What do you mean, why?”  He asked, from the back seat.  He didn't want to drive.  I'm guessing he knew Saria or I wouldn't exactly jump to her rescue.   Both of us had different reasons.  Saria loathed angels and I... well, I was still trying to figure out a way not to be her soul mate.  My subconscious however, had different ideas.

               “Why are waiting here?  Wouldn't she be in angel territory or No Man's Land?”  I looked out the window just in case.  I was split into half.  Half of me wanting her, the other half hating her.  I was kind of siding with the hating half.  She was an angel, she'd kill me without a second thought.

               “She's got amnesia.  She won't know and I have a feeling she'll be frustrated.”   Marcus told me casually.  Amnesia?  Angels actually got amnesia?

               “The bitch can't remember?  Oh, this'll be good.”  Saria smiled cruelly.   I didn't even want to know what was going through her head.

               “You won't torture her.  You caused it.”  Marcus turned his attention to us.  “Do not under any circumstances, reveal your wings to her.  Before you ask why, it's because if she remembers too much it could cause death.  There's a reason why she lost her memory.  It's because of the trauma.  She'll need to be eased into it.”

               “I'm not treating her like a fucking China doll.”  Saria spat with disgust.   She could never make it easy for us.

               “You will and you'll have to.  Angels' minds are fragile and temperamental.”  He looked at Saria with a knowing look and I wondered what he knew that I didn't.  Huh.  Maybe Saria was hiding a secret?

               “I don't care about angels!”  She gritted her teeth.

               “And I don't care what you say.  You'll do as I tell you.  You hurt her and I'll make sure you regret it.”   I turned to look at Marcus' face.  He was dead serious.  Why?  I'm pretty sure she'd kill him.

               I felt like there was something I should look at.  When I turned to look out the window a gold thread was threaded into existence.  I frowned and opened the car door.  Saria's arm stopped me.

               “Where do you think you're going?”  She asked, unimpressed.   Marcus' words had had an impact on her.

               “Checking out something.”  I wasn't going to let her control me.

               “Be back so-”  I cut her off. I didn't need her warnings.  She was really getting under my skin lately.  I blamed Imogen.

               “Yeah.  I know.”  I bluntly told her before walking out and following the thread.

               I'd never seen it before, so why now?  Following it, I found that it led down an alley way.  I heard banging and some shouting.