i love you

a/n: just a quick lil' update :))

•••

[ l a u r e n ]

I watched as my girlfriend slept soundly under the sheets and mumbled incoherent phrases. Sometimes they'd be random words, and sometimes she'd even subconsciously answer back if I asked her a question.

"You're beautiful," I whispered, kissing Y/N's temple and lingering there for a short while. "Did you know that?"

She snorted, her eyes still closed as she said, "Bih, I slay," into the pillow.

I laughed and nodded, even though she couldn't see me. "You do, you do."

I took the chance to lay down next to her and smiled at how cute she looked. Her hair was sprawled about and she seemed so peaceful, not a care in the world. I pecked her lips and pressed our foreheads together, careful not to wake her. "Hey, Y/N?" I said, barely audible.

"Mm?"

"Do you love me?"

She muttered more small things I couldn't understand before she pushed me away, causing me to frown. I huffed and laid down beside her with my back turned her way before I felt her arms slip around my waist. I melted into her touch and I didn't have the guts to push her hands away, so I lay there defenseless.

I was pulled into her front as she peppered kisses on the back of my neck and smiled. "Of course I love you. I love you more than the sun loves the moon; I love you more than a squirrel loves nuts; I love you more than Mickey loves Minnie. The thing is, I love you more than any lame analogy could show. I love you more than you'll ever know."

She rubbed comforting circles on my stomach, only helping me fall asleep faster. Before I could respond with a loving statement that would actually make sense, I felt my eyelids close and my whole world around me go black as I fell into a deep slumber.

"Goodnight, gorgeous. I love you—always and forever."