Chapter Fourteen

Sans POV:

I wasn't letting this happen to Frisk. By now I could feel my soul breaking, slowly beginning to crack down the middle as she carried me.

I felt weak, but there was something in the back of my head, a dark figure, that told me I had the power to save myself. To save Frisk. That even in a time where my hope is in the negatives, I could thrive on and help. I couldn't understand it. It wasn't just a memory, more like some appearance that showed up every time I closed my eyes. An echo.

So as I laid in the snow, still in frisk arms, I used the little bit of magic I had left. I pulled it all from my soul, every bit that I had left, and let it twist like vines around us, before blowing up into bubbles, that slowly connected and formed a very faint haze around us.

I felt the strain come over me, catching my breath and making my eyes water. My whole body tensed up, but the figure- with an eerily familiar voice- told me to keep on. It wasn't a direct order, it was like a suggestion your expected to follow.

"Go."

"Keep on, don't. Stop."

It wouldn't have been as horrific if it didn't sound so familiar. It was like it had been locked up in my mind, and only a piece had escaped, making it like a ghost.

Once the bubble surroumded us, the first thing I did was simulate heat. We were being buried in shreds of ice, a little warmth woupd only do us good. I sidnr know how badlt this would affwcr feisk, her being a human and all, but no question, she was going to live.

Even if that meant I didn't.

I noticed that she was breathing better, so I slowly lifter her up to her feet. She groaned in pain, and opened her eyes instantly. She glanced down at me before shutting her eyes and urching over in pain. Frisk tightened her grip around me, tensing up from the strain on her muscles, no doubt. I slowly pulled us off the ground, maybe an inch or two, and felt my soul cracking slowly as I pulled her and me twords Snowdin.

Her holding me was probably what kept me going as long as I did. She needed to go on, help helself and this screwed up game were stuck in. I'm probably just some NPC, a side character that the game could still exist without. But Frisk, if she leaves, everything will stop or reset. Her safety and the sake of others is held way higher then my own safety, so I needed to get her home and warm.

My hope was running low.

0.7

But I pulled forward, not stopping no matter what amounts of pain I'd go through. No matter how many bones break and how quickly my magic was draining. It didn't matter how tired I was. All that mattered was that she didn't die.

And then I just kinda stopped and cleared my head.

Enough of this pity talk.

We're both getting home because I'm not gunna leave out on Paps. Especially not now. I'm not gunna do that to Frisk, because no matter how much I look down on myself, I know she cares about me. I know the rest do. Me leaving or not hiving a crap about my safety is selfish. And no matter how much I didn't believe, I was sticking to it.

The dark figure still pushed me forward, but didn't yell at me anymore. It simply spoke, with "you're more then that. You know you are. You were made to be more then that" I was still yet to figure out who our what it was, but in the meantime, they were the least of my worries.

I pushed even farther, making my ribs tense up and start to crack.

0.6

"Don't fail, you know you are capable. You can to it."

0.5

I managed to keep my eyes open, pulling and tugging at our weight and giving my everything to keep us held above the snow.

"Yes, you're doing good, just a little farther." The dark figure said, still hiding in the depths of my mind. I really couldn't make it out. The voice was so familiar, and thoughts and memories where racing through my mind, searching from one to the other like flicking through a file cabinet. But my train of thought was cut off

"Sans? Frisk?!" I jolted my head up, to see a familiar face about ten yards away

"U-Undyne?" As I mumbled out the words, I lost my focus and frisk and I crashed into the snow. I heard the heavy footsteps thud all the way to us, stop, and then I was in two peoples arms. Frisk's and Undyne's. I felt safe, and simply refused to face the issues I'd have to face when I got back.

Chara.

Papyrus.

Undyne.

The figure.

Myself.

But for then, just that second, I let my heavy chest and breaking soul heal. I needed it, I really needed it. I breathed in a cold, shuddered breath, and closed my eyes to be lost with my thoughts until I could fall asleep.

But all I felt was emptiness. I felt hollow, like there was some black cloud raging inside me and sucking everything up.

And I let it.

I didn't want to feel, I wouldn't let myself feel it until I could. So with that, I fell asleep.

(I. Am. So. Sorry. I haven't updated in so long. I've been dealing with school and stress, and mainly I've just had major writer's block. This chapter is a little shorter than most of mine, I usually try to keep them around a thousand words, but that's only because I wanted to hurry up and get past this scene. I'm really excited about where this story is going, and I'm especially excited to write the next chapter. Also, this story is almost already at 2kreads????? Oh my fKiNHnnnhHHG GOsH. Thank you guys so much, love you!)