Episode Ten: Targets

Changed the cover, what d'you guys think of it?

     Kara was getting incredibly into the book Ruby Red, floating upside down in midair, squinting her eyes as they skimmed over the words

     Kara was getting incredibly into the book Ruby Red, floating upside down in midair, squinting her eyes as they skimmed over the words.  Her hair got in her way and with a small huff of annoyance, she blew it out from her eyes, continuing to scrutinize the books every words.  At the moment, the main character, Gwen, was arguing with her ever annoying cousin Charlotte and Kara couldn't help but be fascinated by the fictional world they lived in.

     Suddenly, a loud noise emitted from Kara's phone, which was resting on her nightstand, startling her so that she dropped the book on her face, squealing loudly, and then falling to the floor with a loud crash.  Sitting up straight, Kara reached for her phone with an irritated expression as she flipped the hood of her hoodie out of her face.

     "Kara, everything alright up there?" Ma Kent, who was busy baking something, called from downstairs, worry lacing her tone.

     "Everything's fine, ma!" Kara shouted in response, grabbing her phone which still had loud music blaring from it. "Now, who made me fall?" She grumbled, flipping over the phone to see the screen and almost dropped it. "Roy?" Kara exclaimed loudly as she read the name, then not even hesitating to press the answer button.

"Hello? Kara, are you there?" It was Roy, he sounded breathless and Kara could hear feet pounding on the ground. He must've been running, but from what?

"Yeah, of course!" Kara readily responded, growing nervous, "Whats wrong? Why'd you call?" She was practically biting her nails as she heard shouts of distress from behind Roy, "Are you out as Red Arrow right now?" Kara pressed, figuring that was the only logical explanation, "Do you need help?"

"Yes to both of those questions." Roy grunted into the phone, panting into it, causing Kara to cringe away because of the sound. "Not right now though, I should be fine after..." There was a pause, followed by the sound of an arrow releasing and a cry of pain, "That'll teach you to mess with me!" Roy shouted loudly, not into whatever he was calling Kara from.

"Not right now?" Kara echoed in confusion, "Roy, I don't understand what your trying to say right now..." She trailed off, receiving no direct response as gun shots came from Roy's end of the call. "Roy!" She yelled insistently, "Roy, are you ok?

"Chill out, Kara." Roy sounded, breathing even heavier into it than before. "I'm perfectly fine, not that I can say the same for those thugs." He added darkly, causing a hysterical laugh to bubble from Kara's lips. "Anyways, I've gotten a few tip offs for an assassination attempt in TaiPei in two days time, you in?"

     ~~~~~

TaiPei
September 7, 19:20 NST