The quantum theory of ghosts (part 1)

(This is the most absurd yet awesome article I have read about ghosts. The title will intrigue even a rookie's interest. The language is a bit more scientific so some of you may not understand it in 1 go but trust me read it again slowly and you may understand it 😊)

Since the rise of mankind there have been stories of the spirits of the dead returning to haunt the living. The very word, haunt, comes from the concept of an animal feeding place, and ghosts are seen as feeding upon the living. Some societies revere the spirits of their ancestors, but even these myths include angry ghosts who prey upon the hapless mortals.

But what are ghosts? The rise of science tells us that the idea of ghosts as spirits of the dead is absurd. They exist in the supernatural, in a realm where science cannot tread, and as such they are dismissed as little more than the imagination of frightened, backward thinking people. However, with the advent of quantum mechanics, new explanations shed light on why the myth of ghosts remains prevalent in cultures around the world.

What Are Ghosts?
Mythology would tell us that ghosts are the lingering spirits of the dead. Balderdash! Ghosts are not at all the spirits of the dead. They are not, in fact, "spirits" at all. A ghost is, put simply, an impression upon the subatomic weave of the universe, created via strong emotion of a sentient observer.

This means, in other words, that ghosts are not the disembodied personalities of the dead, and, in fact, they can be "spirits" of the living! To understand this phenomena, one must first grasp one of the most fundamental principles of quantum mechanics: observation changes the subject being observed. The simple act of observing or measuring a particle forces it into an energy state. Unobserved, a particle may take any energy state available to it, but when a sentient observer is introduced, the particle becomes locked.

Ghosts are created when the observer's emotions create a semi-permanent "indentation" into the quantum tapestry of the universe. Like the scent of burned toast that remains long after the offending bread is discarded, ghosts are impressions of emotions that remain long after the cause has been resolved. Ghosts, therefore, are formed not from the dead, but from the living and their interactions with the world around them. The recording of events within the subatomic weave gives rise to an afterimage, and depending on the intensity of the emotion and the permeability of the quantum state, different "types" of ghosts can be created.

Negative emotions are many times more likely to cause these effects. The reason for this is currently unknown, though it may have to do with the quantum spin of the universe; in an anti-matter universe, positive emotions might create ghosts more effectively. Regardless of the reason, negative emotions, particularly hate, guilt and grief, are the most common causes for ghost formation. This also explains why ghosts have traditionally been thought of as the spirits of the dead; death of a loved one can cause profound negative emotions from multiple sources, all centered around the memories of the deceased, which can then amalgamate into a ghost that appears to be the deceased.

The formation of ghosts, however, is somewhat rare. It requires more than an excess of negative emotions. The quantum state around the individual or individuals who form the ghost must be favorable for the formation. Certain areas are more susceptible to this than others, especially those where negative emotions are most common, such as cemeteries or hospitals. Other areas may be conducive to ghost formation due to other environmental factors.