0.16.2 «Emerson Samuels»

Magsimula sa umpisa

Back downstairs, I didn't hear as much noise, which relieved me. Elliot and Evan's friends were all obnoxious and annoying, and I was happy they were gone.

In the dining room were my parents, while in the living room I could see four figures, which I assumed to be my brothers plus the Dolan twins.

"Emmy," my mum noticed me first, alerting everyone else.

"Hey sis," El and Ev said,giving me each a wave. 

"What's up, Em?" Ethan calls, giving me a goofy grin. Grayson gives me a welcoming hug.

"Where's Addi? Shouldn't she be here by now?" I ask, realizing that we missing a person.

"She texted me last night. Her grandmother's in the hospital," Ethan explains, looking down at the floor.

"Oh my goodness, is everything alright?" I begin to panic.

"She's fine, just gave them a scare. But Addi wanted to stay and told me to tell you she was sorry."

"Oh it's fine, just be thankful nothing more serious happened."

"So, Emerson, how did the track meet go?" my father questions. Hey, I totally forgot to tell them.

"Well...I'M GOING TO STATE!" I yell the ending.

"Really? Bravo, you really deserved it, sweetie," my mum gives me a hug.

"Good going, sis. We've taught you well," Evan says.

"Sure you did," I roll my eyes.

"Congrats once again, Emmy," Grayson says, and he and Ethan give me high-fives.

"Ok, ok, present time!" my mum squeals.

"Did you two already open yours?" I asked my brothers.

They didn't answer, which told me they already had, "You seriously couldn't wait for me?"

They laughed, "We wanted to give you the spotlight."

I was handed the first box by my mum. Inside was an envelope and a note. From Elliot, Evan, Eth, and Gray.

"You four worked on one present?"

They nodded, and I turned back to the envelope. Inside were four pieces of paper, which made me confused at first until I read what was on them.

They were concert tickets. I had four VIP concert tickets. Two to Fall Out Boy's American Beauty American Psycho Tour, and two for twenty one pilots' Emotional Roadshow.

"Oh. My. God!" I yelled. I was freaking out. I jumped up and down, breathing hard. Everyone in the room was laughing at my reaction.

I lunged on Evan's back, wrapping my arms around his neck. He pried me off, and I proceeded to give each of them a bone-crushing hug.

"Thank you so much!" I screamed.

I put the tickets back in the envelope, and smiled. This was turning out to be one of the best birthdays ever.

"Ok, who wants to go down to the basement?"

"Wait, wait, just one second. There's one more present," Ethan says.

"Where?" we all ask.

He pulls out a small envelope from behind him, and hands it to Elliot. Evan and I look at the writing on the outside, To the 3 E's - Addi.

"She told Grayson and me to give this to you three," Ethan explains.

"That's so nice. Open it, El," I say.