0.15 «Grayson Dolan»

[edited]

After Ethan and Addi left, I quickly got dressed and headed to my football game, grumbling the whole time. Lucky Ethan, he had been excused.

I walked into the locker room, which was filled with already sweaty boys changing into their uniforms. I went to my locker, which was right by Evan's.

"Hey, bro, where's Ethan?"

"Hey. He got an excuse from coach not to come. He's surprising Addi and finally asking her to be his girlfriend."

"Ah," Evan grinned, "Best of luck to him, mate."

Coach hollered for all of us to meet on the field, and we followed him. I looked out into the stands, and saw my mom and Cameron. It was weird that Emerson wasn't next to them. She and Cam usually talked the whole game.

"Hey dude, where's Emerson?" I asked Elliot and Evan as we approached the home bench.

"She's hanging out with Max today, and then going to get our parents from the airport. They just got back from London," Elliot explains.

I get hurt momentarily when he mentions Max, but I push it off, reminding myself that she was free to do what she wanted.

But, whatever I told myself, I couldn't stop from asking Evan, "Are they dating or something?"

Evan laughed in my face, "No, no, nothing like that. They've just become pretty close friends because of track and all that."

Relief washed over me. They weren't dating, and that meant I still had even the smallest of chances of getting Emerson.

I was called into to start the game, and took my position as quarterback. The play started, and we all took off running.

The game continued, and we ended up winning. I drove back home, and heated myself some leftover spaghetti, just scrolling through my phone.

Ethan and Addi came back about three hours later, holding hands. I looked at Ethan hopefully, and he nodded with the biggest smile ever on his face.

"UGH, finally, you two are together," I say in exasperation.

They laughed, and I continued, "I'm serious. It's like you can see who everyone has a crush on, and everyone can see you obvious adoration for each other, but you two are so oblivious."

Suddenly, Addi wrapped her arms around my neck, her head tucked into my upper chest, "Thank you so much, Grayson. For everything."

"Of course, Addi. I'll always be here for you, even if Ethan isn't," I whispered the last part.

She kissed my cheek and gave me a sad smile.

"We'll be upstairs, Gray," he said, leading Addi up the stairs.

"Ok, use protection!" I called after them.

I heard their laughs, and smiled to myself. Ethan had finally got the girl he had been dreaming of since second grade. She had ended up liking him back. Their story was straight out of a fanfiction, it was so perfect.

If only I could get the girl I wanted now.

~  ~  ~  ~

SONG OF THE CHAPTER: Let's Roll

ARTIST: Trevor Moran 

ALBUM: Alive, 2016

shine - grayson dolanजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें