Part 30: The Weekend, part 1

The cold wind blows, but this time, the stars aren't guarding your way on the night sky above you. You had told your parents that you will be at Charlotte's home for the weekend since there was that party going on. What a great lie you had made, and it hurt you from inside, but you thought it was worth it when you are helping your boyfriend.

You had taken some bread and water for the journey with you. Them are in your little backpack, and you are wearing jeans, sweater, and a jacket.

You and Jungkook decided to leave at night so his clan wouldn't notice him missing so fast. 

It's Friday, and right now you are in the forest again and heading to the Northern side of the territory to meet Jungkook. You hope to find the way there, even though Jungkook had guided you before.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

On the ground, there is a light brown wolf asleep. Nowadays you already recognize Jungkook well from normal wolves, so you don't even shiver anymore when seeing a light brown fur.

» Ah! He fell asleep! This is unfair.»

You decide to play a little, and start to disturb Jungkook's sleep by playing with his tail. Jungkook growls a little and tries to hush you away by changing his position. You attack on his tail again, and this time Jungkook tries to kick. You manage to dodge him, but are more careful now. You disturb him once more, and Jungkook gets up and shows his teeth. You back off fast.

» Woaaah!»

"Ya, oppa that scared me! And you should wake up!" You say.

Jungkook wakes up properly and transforms.

"Sorry babe, I thought you were Hansol or some of my hyungs. And I just couldn't stay awake anymore, Yongguk hyung held us exercises." He says apologetically.

"It's okay. You're the one here who needs to sleep the most, I think." You answer.

Jungkook suggests you to continue the way, and he transforms and you hop on.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The morning sunlight starts to shine down to the forest, causing you to wake up. For your surprise, you find yourself leaning on wolf-Jungkook who is sleeping on the ground. You are no more on Jungkook's back where you fell asleep, neither in the forest you knew. You get up, and start to eat the bread you brought.

Jungkook wakes up also. After he has transformed back to human, he says "Good morning. We are now on the border of my clan's land. I didn't have enough courage to sleep on the other side, but we gotta leave soon so the morning patrol won't see us."

You nod, mouth full of bread.

Jungkook: I'll go and hunt some food for myself also.

Y/n: Why don't you hunt there? You're going to starve if you eat only here. I save some of this for later also.

Jungkook: I'm not allowed to do so. It's against werewolves' rules.

Y/n: Do all the werewolves have some other rules also?? Isn't it enough that the leader sets rules?

Jungkook: There are rules inside clan, and rules between all the werewolves. If I'd start to list them now, you'd fall asleep again. But one of them is "Do not steal prey from other clan's territory."

Y/n: Okay. I'll wait here.

While Jungkook was hunting, you fell into your thoughts of what would happen next. Would the wolves give you help? Honestly, you didn't know what could happen.

» From inside, I feel scared. But to him, I must look brave so he'll stay brave also. I wish that this plan would work. The worst what could happen... It's probably that they'd send us home.»

"Don't be scared, jagiya. It will go well." Jungkook had appeared and sat down next to you.

"I... I'm not scared." You try to sound brave.

"I can sense your nervousness, by the way." he answers with a kind smile.

"Well then... What could be the worst that could happen?" You ask.

Jungkook thinks for a while.

Jungkook: The worst that could happen... Probably that they'd attack. I don't dare to say what could happen to you then...

He became worried also.

Y/n: They wouldn't kill me. Seriously Jungkook, they wouldn't.

Jungkook: You don't know them. Neither I. I just know that this clan is strong. If they'd attack, I wouldn't be able to protect both of us. I think also that they wouldn't kill you, but they wouldn't be afraid to hurt you either. These are no little wolves, they are werewolves. And they really do don't like seeing others in their territory, especially me.

As you realize the amount of danger, you ask "W-why are we doing this then?"

Jungkook: So no one would have to die against guardians.

Jungkook's voice is serious and sad.

Jungkook: I wouldn't do this if I would be sure about that none of us would die in the battle.

Y/n: W-why me...

Jungkook: No one else would believe me. And alone, I wouldn't have enough courage.

Jungkook hugs you and says "But they are half human also in some way. So there's not much to worry."

Y/n: I hope so.

Jungkook: Just let me handle the talking.

» What about if he messes it up?? That wouldn't be unusual...» You don't dare to say that aloud after all.

You pack your stuff, and you continue your way over the borderline.

*Jungkook's pov*

As we passed the borderline now, I feel very tense. The scent of other clan is clear, which makes me want to hide from the light even though I know that it wouldn't help since the other wolves will smell my different scent easily. Y/n's scent is also new here, and different, and she will be revealed  to be human.

How about if I'd try to get my wolf scent onto her? Then they would think that she is a werewolf also, and my clan wouldn't get scolded of letting people know about us. And, she would be more safe if they'd think that she is able to hurt them too.

If everything goes how I planned, there's no need for fighting. But I'm pretty sure about that we must have good reasons to get help. And we'd better get help so I would still be part of my clan in the future also.

*Your pov*

» Jungkook seems to be focused on something, and more quiet than usual. Maybe he's just wondering what he could say to the clan...»

You feel bit uneasy also, and you notice it when you shiver by every voice you hear. What further you get from the border, that more you get nervous. Jungkook doesn't look happy either.

"Are we there soon?" You ask to break the silence.

"I don't know. I've never been here before so I don't even know where their camp is. Let's hope that we find it." Jungkook says and keeps looking around.

Then, a whole new voice joins into your conversation.

"There's no need to wish so. The clan has already found you."

___________________________________

Feeling tense?

~Iiris