Chapter 4 - The Trap

Light filled Atlas's eyes. What the.. where am I? What is this place? So bright... She looked around. It was like the prison at her home, but white. Plain white. Through the bars, she could see other creatures. Then a creature that was not in a cage and walked on two legs, balanced, walked down and looked at all the creatures. Then stopped at Atlas. It's evil eyes stared at me. I growled and swoosh. Atlas blew a gust of ice at the creature. It screamed and ran towards it's friends. Atlas roared out louder than thunder. She was trying to see if Guardian or any other dragons could help her. She froze the bars. Wait! She tapped the bars with one talon and crash. The frozen bars shattered in pieces on the ground. Then she just remembered she had a star. She held her necklace tight. Atlas walked out of the cage. Then, she could smell other dragons. She walked fastly out the cage and down the hallway. She looked at every cage. Then she saw a dragon! "Hello?" Atlas tried to talk to the other dragon. "What?" The dragon said back. Atlas got just a little bit happier. "What's your name?" Atlas asked. The dragon didn't even look at her. "What's your name?" he asked. "My name is Atlas." The dragon still never looked at her. "Mine is...." he paused. "Are you okay?" asked Atlas. "I'm fine. My name is Knight." Knight turned around a bit and faced the wall. He was bigger than Atlas. Much bigger. He was black. Atlas could not see his eyes. She froze the bars and crushed them. "Come on,"
Atlas said. Knight got up and came out. His eyes glowed yellow. Atlas could still smell other dragons."Follow me." Atlas said. Knight followed her. Then they stopped at a cage. Atlas looked in. There was a dragon curled up in the cage. The dragon looked familiar. The dragon also smelled familiar. "Hello? Atlas peeked through the bars. The dragon stood up. "How did you get out?" She asked. Her scales were pink. Her eyes were green. "What's your name?" Atlas asked. "My name is Flora." Atlas stared at Flora. "What?" Flora asked. "Are.. Are you my mom?" Atlas asked. "What's your name?" Flora was making sure Atlas was not another creepy dragon. "Atlas." Flora smiled. "Atlas!" Flora stood at the bars. Atlas froze them and broke them. Flora hugged Atlas. When Flora saw Knight, she fell right on to the floor. "Who's that?" She asked. "That is Knight. I freed him before I got to you." Atlas up at the big dragon. He looked at the floor. "I... I  have a star in my necklace.." Atlas said. Flora stared. Knight stared. "Not possible," Knight said. "If a dragon dragon dared touch one, the dragon would melt." Flora snorted. "I bet you never knew about her gift then," Flora said. "What gift?" Knight asked. "Strong ice. Cold. Snow. Anything like that would be my power." Atlas said. "How did you get a star then?" Knight asked. "Since I have icey powers, nothing could be hot to me." Atlas told him. She pulled out her star. "Wow, that's bright." Knight covered his eyes. Atlas put the star back into her necklace. "I think we should go now," said Flora. "Your right. Those creatures are coming for us." Knight said. Atlas turned and saw a bunch of two-legged creatures headed for them. "Run!! Fly!!"
Atlas turned and ran and flew. They all ran then flew. The creatures sreamed at them from behind. Atlas flew up into the air with Knight and Flora.