Chapter #4

The two of you finally reached the boat and you both pulled yourselves over the side using your knees to climb in. You stood up and looked at your now drenched clothes.

"That's just wonderful." You said sarcastically, wringing out your shirt. Train laughed and opened a compartment. He pulled out two shirts that looked exactly like the one he was already wearing and threw one to you.

"Always think ahead." He said pulling his shirt off over his head. You found yourself staring for a moment but quickly turned away looking at the water. He had a very nice body.

'Stupid good looking boy.' You thought twiddling your thumbs.

"Are you going to change?" Train asked starting up the boat again. You looked back at him, happy to see his shirt was on, and blinked. There was no way you were going to show up in front of Miyu wearing Train's shirt after being on a boat with him alone. That would just look very wrong.

"My clothes will probably dry in the wind." You said climbing onto the front of the boat and laying out on it. You felt your clothes clinging to your skin. You didn't particularly like the feeling of it, let alone that some people tended to stare. Like when you and Miyu went swimming and she dragged you in by the feet off the dock. Not a good day.

"Not bad." Train said looking you up and down.

"Hey, kitty cat!" You called and he looked at your face. "My eyes are up here." You added pointing at your face with two fingers. He laughed and put the boat at full speed to let your clothing dry.

--

Miyu

You paced back and forth at the dock of this tiny remote island, angered. Falene and Train were taking a ridiculously long time to get here. Sven, Eve, and Ren watched you as your temper flared and worry grew. Falene was as ridiculous as ever, keeping you waiting for a lot longer than necessary.

"Miyu?" Sven asked and you looked at him. "Do you know how to fight?" He asked and you looked heavenward.

"Of course I do, I'm an assassin in training. How stupid would I look if I couldn't hold my own in a hand-to-hand fight?" It was a rhetorical question and he caught it.

"Do you fight Falene?"

"Yeah, she trained me."

"Can you beat her?" He asked and you burst out laughing.

"Are you kidding? I can fight but nowhere near as well as her. She'd wipe the floor with my ass." You joked and remembered one of your training sessions with Falene.

--

Flashback

You and Falene had been partnered assassins for almost a year now and you were 18. You had been enduring rigourous training, pushing your body and mind to their limits every day. You were getting stronger and you could feel it. On this day though, you were cocky. Falene was cleaning her weapons when you walked in.

"Hey there Feline!" You joked playing on her nerves. She hated that nickname.

"Don't call me that." She said as you fingered the handles of her sais. "I'm still your superior." She said with authority coating her words.

"Maybe." You said looking at her with a smirk. She glanced up at you then stood up.

"Wanna find out?" She asked with her hand on her gun. You knew better than to challenge Falene. She'd never try and kill you but she would show you up for sure. You thought for a moment.