--

Falene

You hated the water. You didn't like that you didn't know how to swim. Not even the basic fundamentals. You opened your eyes and seen a mixture of dark and light blues. Water. Nothing but water.

You felt arms wrap around your waist and you were pushed upwards, your arms falling over the person's shoulders. You looked up and seen light coming closer to you. You had no air left in you and you felt really light headed. The light was within your reach and you came out from under the water. You sucked in the air arching your back and then started coughing over the person's shoulder. He breathed heavily near your ear and then chuckled a bit.

"Told ya I'd come get you." He said holding you closer to his chest. "Idiot. What are you doing falling in?"

"Don't start with me." You said keeping your arms around his neck.

"Falene," Train started and you looked at him in the corner of your eye. You liked how he said your name. "Are you okay?" He asked and you breathed out. You had forgotten how to breathe for a few seconds.

"Yeah, I'm fine." You said and the two of you just floated there silently holding onto each other.

--

Miyu

Ren was taking a shot at driving the boat while Eve read to him and you and Sven sat at the front of the boat. Your conversation consisted of your constant teasing him.

"What do you think of Train?" Sven asked after your most recent teasing session. You looked up at the sky and put your hands behind your head.

"I think he's good for Falene. She's never really been around a boy before aside from Ren. Plus Train just keeps dropping by unannounced." You looked over at Sven. "Why do you ask?"

"Just asking. He seems really interested in Falene. More than what I was expecting at least. He's got his mind set on getting her away from Chronos."

"There's nothing wrong with Chronos." You said and Sven looked at you. "Falene was betrayed by everyone when she was younger. I never got the whole story but I do know that Chronos took care of her. Falene would have died on the streets without Chronos." You ran your fingers through your hair and glanced over at Sven.

"What about you? Why are you with Chronos?" You sighed and looked back up at the sky.

"When I was little, my parents passed away and my younger sister and I went to separate godparents. Mine were horrid people and I was always treated like crap. I don't really know why but when I was 17, a number came to my house, there to kill my godparents. That assassin took me to Chronos instead of killing me so I landed on the lucky side of the street. This assassin was technically not a number but kind of like a number in training. She was Falene Dawn. I asked Chronos to teach me to kill. I want to be able to defend people that can't defend themselves and so they put me under Falene's charge." Your voice drifted as you remembered the events of that day.

--

Flashback

You were standing in the middle of a large room with three huge screens in front of you. Falene was standing in front of you talking to the people on the screens.

"Now wait one minute. I might have saved her but I didn't sign up to be a babysitter." Falene argued.

"This isn't up for discussion Cat's Eye. You are to train Miyu Naami to be an assassin. Teach her everything you know." One of the men said and Falene growled with her eyes narrowed.