Chapter 15: An Ally Most Elegant, The Elvenking Of The Woodland Realm

Start from the beginning

Taking a hint that it is the former, Celine stepped in front -effectively blocking the girls from the growing icy glare she could feel radiating from her back- and raised a hand to halt them, "The Elvenking is in no condition to take audience to anyone but King Theoden and anyone else who would take part in the battle later on."

One blonde girl who seemed to only be older than her in appearance stepped up front with a scowl as she stared her down, "So what are you doing standing so near him then, girl?" She practically spat the word.

The swordsmaster began to thank whatever forces it was that had successfully kept her from tearing the woman down limb from limb there and then.

Opting to cross her arms over her chest, she took a step forward as well and glared up at her with a murderous glint in her lavender eyes, "This girl is a swordsmaster," she practically ground each word out, one finger pointing at her own chest, "This girl is a part of this war. Sooner or later this girl would keep your pretty little head from being severed off your pretty little shoulders." She half-yelled in anger. The damned thing even dared mock her with her facial features, what kind of retard would even find the time to do that these days?!

The girl narrowed her brown eyes and scoffed, "A swordsmaster? You barely even made it pass my shoulders! You must be dreaming, you couldn't be any older than me."

And that was it, the last of her patience flickered out like the dying flames of a candle she tried to keep lighted.

Reaching back, she began unsheathing her sword, "You'll regret ever saying that." Her lilac hues intensified, her pupils momentarily turning into slits and her gaze growing hazy. Oh how determined was she to make this foolish imbecile pay expensively for her words.

The girl's group of what seemed to be equally dim friends began gasping in horror.

"Oh dear, Lilian, back off!"

"She's pointing her sword at us!"

"You're a barbarian!"

"Don't worry, I doubt she could even swing."

Normally, people who are wise enough would leave her line of vision the moment she places her left hand on the hilt of her sword. At first she just thought that the woman had just been dim, and haughty. But never mind that, she now has her sword out and the damn lady isn't even flinching.

It's either she has an inconveniently towering ego or she's just downright stupid. Either ways, it's not going to end well for her. Celine would make sure of it.

She already had enough of everyone doubting her skills. Hell, this woman's just gone way past the belt.

Swishing the lightweight elvish weapon with practiced ease, she took a step back before drawing it and was just about to aim its point at the blonde's throat when a large hand covered her own that was resting on the sword's handle.

"Celine!" A deep voice called out, gripping her tight and raising her from the darkness that accumulated in her mind. "Calm down, it is not worth it." The velvety voice continued in Sindarin Elvish and it was like a beacon of light exploded through the void her anger seemed to have pushed her consciousness into.

Rage ate her up once again.

Her mother wouldn't be pleased once she hears of this.

Blinking her eyes back into focus, she was met by a pair curious pale blue orbs, furrowed brows and a heavily concerned look.

"Th- my king." She hastily corrected herself, backing up and bumping on the tall ellon's sturdy chest. It was only then that she became fully aware that she had her sword drawn and realized she was actually aiming to slash something off, if she were to judge the position her arm was in and the tight grip of another's hand on hers that grasped the leathery hilt of her weapon.