Chapter 15: An Ally Most Elegant, The Elvenking Of The Woodland Realm

-----☆Work Text:

"You came." The swordsmaster stated as she guided her king around the crowds and towards the keep. Dodging a few rustling bodies here and there with her quick reflexes, Celine had to admit that it wasn't easy.

These people aren't the ordinary crowd she was used to.

Yes, they are all beyond relieved when she announced that all the lads and elderly are to return to their families and hide within the caves with the women and children, but nothing seemed to be easier for her afterwards.

Not when all the women started going out of the caves to check out the rumored 'handsome elf king'.

Thranduil kept on walking with long graceful strides, occasionally keeping an eye on her evidently smaller form from his peripherals, "Of course." And overall not seeming to mind all the attention he is getting.

He paused in his steps to look back at her with a slight smile, "I did swear an oath to you, did I not?" The king went on, as if only seeing her even if they are surrounded by majority of the ladies of Rohan. Trained and used to the enamored gazes on his very being.

She answered with a smile of her own, swearing that some part of her felt relatively younger whenever in the presence of the king, "Yes, you did. But seeing that I am really no one of such great stature, you could just easily turn my request down." Celine tried to maneuver around another group of ladies that seemed to sprout out of the ground, but failed and was about to fall off the stone steps had the elvenking not reached out to grasp her hand in time.

Feeling herself being pulled up by his strong arm, he effectively shielded her away from any more potential harm by wrapping an arm around her waist and pressing her slender frame closer against his side, "Have I not already taught you that a king's word is not to be taken lightly once given? We do not swear on oaths we would not be able to honor, neither do we make promises that we have no intention of keeping." Came his deep baritoned voice as he kept on walking with her by his side and that same hand never leaving its snug position around her waist.

Celine could've sworn she heard a few murmurs from some of the villagers but she couldn't really care less at the moment because she's way too busy harnessing whatever understanding and cool she currently have in her system to not hit the elvish royalty on the head for actually daring to touch her.

He is her king after all.

By the oath she swore on him and the oath he swore on her.

-----

Gathering word that the king is still yet to wake for he had been dealing with battle preparations late last night, Thranduil proposed that the girl lead him somewhere that is isolated from all the eyes and noise fixed on him ever since his arrival.

Celine recalled herself barely keeping a loud guffaw when one daring woman in particular tried to openly seduce the elvish royalty.

Distaste and surprise -and not pleasantly so at that- battled for dominance on the elvenking's normally so even features that it almost looked comical in some way.

"Of course, anything for you, my king." She snickered and tugged on his larger hand to lead him away from the crowd.

Shaking his head at another batch of offers to get to know him better and all, Thranduil began to step his foot down by collecting his composure and making his loathe and detachment apparent.

His features turning stern at another group of approaching women, his grip on the younger girl's waist tightened and she is still yet to determine if it is because of his discomfort or a new ploy to make it openly known to them that the answer to whatever question they may ask would be a capitalized NO.