VI

Konohagakure was much too cold this month as children in the academy wandered out of the school to play. Sakura stepped out of the cold classroom a bright red scarf tightly wrapped around her neck, her black turtleneck fitting tightly on her. Tight skinny jeans and small black gloves she adorned as she headed to her 6 year old blonde friend.

"Oi Naruto hows your lessons? Getting smarter?" She asked politely making him nod.

"Yeah I think some of the teachers are finally laying off from sabotaging my work!" He cheered happily.

"Great why don't I treat you to Ichirakus?" My little Christmas gift to you!" Sakura smiled a bit at Narutos excited look, rushing down the slippery streets without her. Chuckling she went and followed slowly her brain immersed in her memories.

.-.-.-.

Naruto shook her shoulder awake in the classroom, his eyebrows scrunched in a cute concerned way.

"H-hey newbie you okay?" He asked as she slowly lifted her head and met his gaze with her own pale green ones.

Sakura's gaze blurred as red dotted her vision, her inner screaming loudly.
"Murderer you're a filthy killer Sakura! A disgrace! Mother hates you and you killed the man she loved!!!"
Inner screamed in delight as Sakura's pale hands grip her head tightly.

Naruto frowned harder as he looked at her trembling form, looking around he saw some students glancing their way and he frowned even more. Raising his hand and asking "can Sakura-chan have a little breather I dont think she needs to attend class right now." Naruto spoke firmly and Iruka dismissed them with a slight scoff.

Naruto wrapped an arm under her shoulder and heaved her up, numbly she followed her hood slipping down to reveal ivory skin and pastel pink hair.

They both got out of the school as Naruto hesitated to pat her back, forcing that doubt away he rubbed small circles on her back. Trying to soothe her he spotted her sketchbook that was flipped on a certain page. Trying his best to ignore it he squeezed her into a large hug.

Sakura trembled as she reached her quivering hands to grip his orange hoodie. Her hands settling on his sides as small tears trickled down her pale face.

"Uwa whats wrong Sakura?" Naruto asked as she cried silently. He was concerned, never before had he felt like this, the feeling to protect! He was always bullied and he didn't have a proper home. He was abused and thrown about like trash, staying positive to hide his pain. So with a girl crying in his arms he felt this urge to hold her, to protect.

Sakura rubbed her eyes as her vision cleared. Looking up she saw the blonde from class with a deep concerned look reflecting in his eyes.

"Ah...w-who?" She cursed herself for stammering

"Naruto Uzumaki Believe it!" Naruto gave her a strangely fox like grin.

"Ah Uzumaki-san...im sorry you had to see that..." she whispered feeling ashamed and weak.

"Its Naruto only don't even worry about it Sakura-chan!" He patted her head and helped her up still ignoring the open notebook.

Sakura slightly wobbled as she breathed in the fresh air, noticing her notebook and sketchpad, her jade green eyes widened and she closed the books quickly, looking up to see if Naruto was looking only to see him respecting her privacy. His head was turned to the left to look at the academy.

A bit shocked that he was so respective she collected her stuff. Standing up she peered at him, as if noticing her stare he looked at her and gave her a big grin.