Chapter 4

^^^^^^ that's Alex^^^^^^. Carrie's pov
*ring ring ring*
I got up and tried to look for what was making that noise. I looked over on the desk to see that it was my phone. I slowly reached over and picked up my phone. I looked to see who it was.
It was Mrs. Nash but why is she calling me. I answered the call.
" hey Mrs. Nash what's wrong" I say worriedly.
" I can't find Ryan, he hasn't been home since you left" she cries.
" okay calm down I'll get dressed and go look for him, is that okay" I ask.
" yes thank you Carrie" she says.
" your welcome, bye I'll see you when I get home" I say but it looks like she already hung up.
  I quickly grab my shoes and coat and put them on. Then I grab my purse and phone and head down stairs but before I left I made a note to Alex saying that I left to go look for Ryan.
    I hopped in my car and drove of to the park. That's the first place I'm checking because he use to sneak out and go there every night when him and his mom would get into a fight.
I park my car and run over to the swing set. But he's not there. I go over to the playground and climb up the latter. Then I crawl up the tunnel until I reach the top. That's when I see a tear stained face that belongs to Ryan.
" aren't you a little to big to be in a playground" he chuckles while trying to make light of the situation.
" aren't we both a little to big to even be at a playground" I chuckle.
He just laughs in response.
" Ryan what's wrong" I say in a serious tone.
" I tried to follow you to see if you were okay but I decided not to, and I didn't want to go back home so I just came here" he says.
" that doesn't explain why you were crying " I say looking up at him.
He doesn't reply.
" Ryan please " I beg.
" Carrie please stop trying to find out everything okay damn if I don't want to tell you then just leave it alone" he yells.
But his voice was more harsher than usual.
" you know what sew me for trying to help you and comfort you because it looked like you needed to share your feelings, and I'm also sorry that I came into your life and made you mad at me when I don't even know what I did, I came out of my way to calm your mom down because she was worried about your selfish ass and your whereabouts, then you want to yell at me for trying to find out why you were crying and what was wrong, hell no I don't have to put up with this and I shouldn't have to!" I yell while seating right beside him.
" your right I shouldn't yell at you but I just get so mad because your this one happy little person everyday and you act as if you don't have any problems" he mumbles.
Has he not been paying attention for the past couple of weeks.
" you think I'm happy all the time " I laugh.
" When no one is around is when I really let go " I calmly say.
" what do you mean" he asks.
" I get scared and I cry" I say trying to hold back the tears.
" Carrie you don't have to hide your tears from me, you can let it all out because I understand what your going through even if I don't act like" he says.
I look up at him and I see tears rolling down his eyes.
"Is it okay if I ask something" I ask.
" sure" he mumbles while wiping the tears away.
" why is life so cruel to us " I ask.
" maybe it's because life is getting back at us for something" he added.
" but for what, what did we do to make it so miserable " I ask.
" I honestly don't know, but someone once told that life is life and there's nothing you can do to change it" Ryan says.
A couple minutes go by of nothing but silence. I was now laying my head on his shoulder and he was laying his head on mine.
" Ryan?" I ask.
" yeah?" He says.
" can we go home?" I ask.
" yeah we can but I have know idea of how I'm getting out of this playground" he chuckles.
I laugh in response while I slide down the tunnel and jump down the stairs. I look back to see if Ryan was there but he wasn't.
" oh no not again " I groan.
Then I was instantly picked up and carried bridal style.
" AHHHHHHHHHH PUT ME DOWN RIGHT NOW!" I yell with my eyes shut.
" shhhhhhhh Carrie calm down its Ryan damn calm down" he laughs.
" don't do that dumb ass" I say while hitting him.
He walked me to my car and put me down.
* skip the drive*
When we got home me and him parted ways and went to our rooms to go to bed. When I was comfy and cozy I got on my phone but then got a text from Ryan.
R=Ryan C=Carrie
R= goodnight. Alex sent me a text to tell you he said goodnight. 😒
C= awwww he's so sweet. Tell bae I said goodnight and that I love him lol jk but for real tell him I said goodnight and goodnight Ryan. ☺️☺️☺️💤💤
R= really Carrie I just sent him what you said and then you said no don't tell him that 😑👌 ha okay.
C= goodnight Nash
R= goodnight hart
*End of text*
After all that I went to bed not long after.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Hey guys sorry I haven't updated in a long time but here it is. And I'm also sorry if I haven't gave any shoutouts but I want to give a special on to xTurtle_Bombzx because her books are amazing and hilarious and because she deserves a shoutout.