Chapter 1

It's been exactly 6 months,and 5 days since i've even glanced or spoken to Calum. I was so confused then. When I say then, I mean that night at the parking lot at our school, where i had ran out on him, when i realized the truth. I was part of a bet. A bet to see who could get moody, friendless, Skylar to fall for them first. And i fell for it like a fool. The winner got 100 dollars. That's all I ever was worth to Calum, five 20 dollar bills, nothing more. I'd fallen for him fast. The way he said my name, the way he'd held my hand, how he'd made sure to text me every night before I fell to sleep. This was the boy who now knew all of my secrets,about my parents,my self harm, everything. Again I'd been let down by the person I thought I could trust the most. I thought I'd finally found someone to love me for me. And again I failed. I still get texts from him, but i never respond. He tries to catch up to me in the hallways, but i pretend i dont hear anything. I dont speak to liars.

* At school the next day the day drags on. I fail a math test...again. I can see Calum smile down at the A he recieves. I frown to myself. He looks back at me, and grins. I catch his eye, but soon look away. I see him write something down in his notebook, and rip out the paper, and skillfully fold it into a crane. He used to make them for me when we were "together", and i was feeling down, and that one time he drove me to the emergency room, because i had gone too far with my self harm. He'd kissed my forhead, and whispered lyrics into my ear. He'd made me a crane in black paper, and put it into the palm of my hand. When he is sure the teacher is not looking he tosses it to me. I pretend i dont see it, and listen to the lecture. But, he throws another one, and it lands straight in front of me. Reluctantly, i look down at the notebook pare crane, and open it. In thick black marker are the words,Meet me in the parking lot.

When the bell finally rings, I walk to the parking lot, and wait. I cant beleive I'm actually going to wait here for someone who lied to me. A flood of other kids my age stumble, and race through the double doors of the school building. Then i see him. For the first time ever, he actually look nervous. The Calum Hood who has girls drool over the very thought of him, is nervous, because of me. Thats peculiar. Though he is obvioulsy nervous, he walks swiftly towards me. "Hey." he says. He looks cuter than ever in his beanie, and button down shirt, not that I'll admit it. "Hey." i say back. "So- you never called me back that night." he says nervously. "Yeah, i didnt. Why are you suprised?"I snap. "I'm not." he says. I look down at my sneakers, and pull my jumper sleeves lower down my arm to cover up new cuts on my wrists. "Look, I told you I'm sorry." Calum exclaims. "I know you did, but sorry doesnt change everything." I say. " what about this?" Calum asks, before leaning in to kiss me. I quickly pull away. "What the fuck Cal?!" I yell at him. "Kissing me doesnt help everyhing too you know." I walk away again like i did  that night. I still have the tingle of Calum's kiss on my lips, and i touch them. Oh God, i enjoyed that kiss. I cant fall for him again, never again. But even though i hate to admit it, I know Calum isnt one to give up easily , and sooner or later i will fall for him again.

.