Invites part 2

When me and calum walk into the already wild party he's greeted by alot of people and I stand beside him awkwardly. I mean thats what to expect when your standing next to one of the most relevant guys in school. It smells like a mix of sweat,  cheap alcohol,and fading body fragrances. Everyone is holding one of those red cups you see people in movies using at parties like these.  Some eminem song is playing loudly through enormous speakers and I watch as girls are grinded up against or drunkly making out with anyone they see. I roll my eyes. Why do so many girls try to make themselves easy?

A few of the sober girls look at me with death stares as Calum leads me to the kitchen,his hand grasping mine. 

I feel uncomfortable and out of place already. 

*

Me and calum make it to the kitchen and he asks me what I want to drink. "Nothing alcoholic please. "I exclaim."You really are not like other girls Skylar grey." He says as he hands me a water bottle. He grabs my hand and leads me to the crowded dance floor.  I look around anxiously. "Calum thomas hood I am not grinding on you!" I say in disgust. He laughs.  "JUST DANCE!" he yells over fall out boy. "I DONT DANCE YOU IDIOT!"I yell back. He laughs again and grabs both of my hands."WHO CARES LOOK AROUND NOBODY CAN!" he says. He's right. All everyone is doing is jumping.  Eventually I find myself dancing with Calum. ..and im enjoying it. After a few more songs calum says, "I'm going to get another drink I'll be right back you party animal!" And he winks and dissapears into the crowd.

I continue dancing up until some guy behind me gets too touchy feely. "Please leave me alone. " I say calmly. "Relaxxx ...babeee I just want to- to danceeee."he says his speech slurred. "GET THE FUCK OFF OF ME YOU CREEP!" I yell. No one notices my cry for help hes grinding on me just like everyone else is grinding in the crowd. I try to pull his clammy hands off of me but they hover towards my chest. I feel helpless. All of a sudden I feel him being released from me roughly. I turn around to see Calum punching him in the jaw. The crowd gathers around the two. 

And I run to the car.

*

I sit in the passenger seat for a good two minutes before I see the boys walking with calum whose eye is starting to swell.

When he gets to the car I look down at my pants and play with the holes. "T-thank you for that.take me home so I can get the first aid kit for your eye. ". Calum looks at me with guilt and pity. He probably feels like its his fault that what just occured happened to me. "Im sorry about what happened." He says quietly. "Its not your fault if thats what youre thinking." I say warmly and I touch his arm. He looks down at my hand and grasps it underneath his. We have our own little moment as Michael talks about how great the fight was.

*

Calum parks in front of my mailbox.

He hesitates at the drivers seat. He already dropped the rest of the boys off and now its just me and him at 11:00 at night in his mom's subaru parked outside my house where we shared so many memories."you can come in with me..we don't bite." I say jokingly and calum smiles.

When we get to the door I hear a crash. Calum looks at me surprised.i take my key out of my bag and open the door. "ITS ALWAYS ABOUT YOU DAVID!YOU WORK YOU SLEEP,YOURE LAZY,AND I KNOW THE WOMEN THAT YOU SEE BEHIND MY BACK!ME AND SKYLAR DESERVE BETTER!". I hear another crash and then a sharp sound echos and the world goes silent. I run through the house to the living room. My dad stands above my mom. My mother lyes on the ground her hand where her left cheek is. Everything goes in a blur.i pounce on my dad telling him to leave and never touch mom again I throw my fists at him. The monster that he is. I feel Calum pull me off and carry me out of the house swiftly.  The last thing I remember was tears and calum saying its going to be alright it's going to be alright over the engine of the subaru.

*

I wake up sharply in the middle of the night.

Im in someone's bed and its not mine. I have on some huge tee shirt and my hair is a mess. My head hurts and my eyes are swollen. I roll over to see calum lying next to me his eyes staring over at me. "Please stay." He murmurs in my ear. "Theres nowhere else I can go is there?" I ask. He looks at the sheets that cover us. "Im not sure.".  In that moment I forget the bet,the person he was,all I knew was calum was the last person to stay with me and want me to stay and made me feel safe. I mived closer to him and he placed his arm over me. Just like old times.

I HOPE YOU LIKE IT:)