"How do I do?" I nervously asked. I had never ever hit a boxing bag before.

"Uhm, okay, stand like this-" he stood in the same position as when he punched. "Feet like this," I looked to his slightly set apart feet and did the same. "Hips like this." His hips were centered and his legs stood solid down on the ground. I did the same. "And lastly, upper body and arms like this," he said and showed me how to stand. I did the same as he did.

"Okay, like this?" I asked. He nodded and took a step back so he could get a better look. My cheeks heated at his stare. His eyes were going up and down my body. I felt a little giddy and coughed.

"Yes, uhm, okay, you can try now," he said and cleared his throat. I tried to hit the punching bag, but not much happened. Actually nothing at all.

"You can hit a little harder," Carter laughed. I felt embarrassed and tried hitting harder. The boxing bag swung a little at my punch and I looked to Carter. He nodded and I smirked.

"Not to brag, but I'm a pro," I teased. Carter scoffed.

"Oh yeah, pro, try hitting two times with your left hand and then hit super hard with your right. But I'm taking it that you already know this stuff, you know, since you're a professional and all," he laughed.

I took a step back and hit like he had said I should. The boxing bag didn't really move. I sighed from frustration and hit the bag again. This time it flew a little back, but not much.

"Do you mind if I help you, pro?" I gave him a look and he put his hands in a surrender position.

"No, I won't mind." He took a few steps closer and put his hands on my hips. I stiffened by the motion and sucked in a breath. Carter looked into my eyes and I gave him a small nod. He proceeded to grab my hips while he stood by my side.

"Okay, so basically, you want you hips to move along to your punches. Try punching a jab," he said.

"A jab?"

Carter chuckled and removed his hands from my hips. "Like this," he punched a light punch with his left hand. 

"Oh, okay, got it." He put his hands back on my hips. It felt strange, but in someway, I liked it.

"Try the jab," he said. I took a breath and punched. Carter's hands pushed my left hip forward. I got surprised and turned to him, making his hands slip off my hips.

"What?" Carter laughed with a grin. I slapped his arms and sighed.

"Please explain, how that would help?"

"Okay, look." He stood in the same position as I just had been in and hit a punch. Carter looked at me and we caught each other's eyes. "You need to look at my body."

"Huh?" I stuttered.

Carter laughed and got back to the position. "Look at my body, it moves with the punch, that way you get more strength behind the punch." I looked at his body and he punched three punches. His entire body moved with each punch, especially the last hard one.

"Okay, I think I got it now," I said and got in the position. I landed three punches on the bag and made sure my body moved with them. "Like that?"

Carter nodded. "Now, you just need to, you know, actually have some muscle so your punches actually hurts," he said and laughed. I gave him a looked and stepped away from the bag. He was still laughing.

"Don't laugh at me," I said and punched him. He stopped laughing and looked at me seriously.

His hand wrapped around his arm where I had just hit him. "Ouch, Emily, do you know how much that just hurt?" Shit, I hurt him?