Chapter 21

Song: Losin Control by Russ

"You think I look weak? Really?" he said with a smug smile. He continued to walk closer and soon he stood at the end of the couch.

"Yes," I simply said. He laughed and looked at me with a smirk.

"I think, that you're lying."

"I think, that you're self-obsessed." He crooked up a brow and smirked. He came one step closer, and I pushed myself op against the wall behind the couch. Carter noticed and smirked again.

"Well, let's see what you can do then? If I'm this weak, let's see how you perform," Carter said and extended his hand for me. I thought about it, maybe I shouldn't fight against Carter, a real fighter.

He laughed and shook his head before his hand dropped.

Or maybe I should.

I stood up, and Carter gave me a look while he tilted his head to the side. He was surprised.

"Let's do it then," I said. I was slowly losing the courage I had had just before.

"Let's do it," Carter repeated and walked to the ring the he had.

"Okay, your arms like this," he said, and led my arms up in front of my face. I felt electricity by his touch. "And you feet like this," he said, and pushed my thigh back with his hand. I looked up into his eyes at his touch. He too looked into mine and gave me a small smile.

My arms were in front of my face and my legs stood with a small gap between them. Carter positioned himself the same and smirked.

"Let's go," he said and stepped closer. I felt adrenalin rush through my veins and I punched out. I hit Carter's elbow and my hand hurt.

"Ouch," I said and shook my hand trying to get the pain to go away. Carter laughed and shook his head. I squinted my eyes and hit him again. This time I didn't say ouch.

"Come on," I said. He chuckled and let his head fall back.

"I don't hit on girls," he simply said.

"You wanted to fight, but you're not hitting me?" He shook his head. My hands dropped and I looked at him.

"That's no fun."

"You want me to hit you?" He crooked his head. I looked at him. His arms, his chest.

I decided to shake my head.

"Thought so. And,it also shows, that you in fact think that I'm strong, since you're scared of me," he said and smirked. I scuffed.

"I'm not scared of you, I just don't want to fight someone twice as large as me." Carter chuckled.

"Probably a little larger than that," he said with a laugh. I looked to my feet and then to his. I guess he was larger than double the size of me. I shrugged and left the ring.

Carter took on some gloves and began hitting a bag inside the corner of the ring. I sighed and sat back down on the couch. What had just happened was weird.

I started to read the article for English I had been reading before I got distracted and pushed the thoughts out of my head.

After five minutes Carter was still punching the bag and I fell out of concentration again.

I was bored.

"Can I try?" I said out loud. Carter stopped punching and turned around so he was facing me. He gave me a weird look and shrugged.

"Yeah, sure," he said and waved me over. I nodded and set my books aside. I got up from the couch and walked to him. He gave me his pair of gloves and told me to put them on. I wrapped them on and felt the new feeling on my hands.

Emily's EscapeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara