39. Devis Don't Need Devas

"Appa, how do Devas and Devis converse?" asked a ten year old girl.

Her father folded and kept aside his Kannada newspaper. He thought for a while. "Why did you get such a doubt?"

"No, actually they are supposed to be Devas and Devis. How are they similar to us?"

"They look like us."

The girl gasped. "But they have numerous hands."

He smiled. His daughter was definitely smart and quick. He walked to his study table and found a book. He flipped few pages.

"Let us forget your question for time being. Have a look at the photos of Padmanabhaswamy Temple. What had I told you about it, yesterday?"

She looked at the photos.

Padmanabhaswamy Temple, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala

Pictorical representation of Padmanabhaswamy.

She scratched her head. "I do remember some things."

"Good. What do you exactly remember, kanna?"

"That it is in Thiruvananthapuram in Kerala. It is the richest temple on Earth. It's main deity is Lord Vishnu. And..."

"Split the words. Padma-nabha-swamy," stressing on each word, he looked at his daughter expectantly.

"... ah! Lord Brahma is connected to Lord Vishnu's nabhi."

Her father smiled. "That's my girl. Look at the picture again. Did you see those three doors?"

She nodded. He said, "Those three doors are created for some purpose."

Her eyes gleamed. "What purpose, Appa?"

"I can explain it to you but I feel that you are too young to comprehend it."