34. The Solution

Rishab and Rudra were surprised.

Durga said, "Can I ask what was your stupid idea behind snatching our contracts?"

Rishab scratched his right eyebrow lightly. Durga stiffened, again, that incident of Indrajeet slapping her flashed in her mind. Rishab smirked. "It is quite clear that the book on Nadi Astrology was damaged. Yet you people wrote some nonsense."

"It wasn't nonsense. We had got it confirmed from any Nadi Astrologist," growled Rudra. He smirked and said, "Rishab, you can't understand this. Actually, it is beyond your understanding level. You think that these palm manuscripts are written by mountain and stars."

Durga smiled understanding the meaning behind his sarcastic comment. Rishab had then pointed out that Agastya meant constellation and mountain. Durga was now oblivious. He is so sharp and quick witted.

He is yours now. You should praise him.

This is not the correct moment to praise him.

Rudra added, "We will also see for how many days you can have this contract. You couldn't even tell the name of the script used. Durga pointed out that it was Vatteluttu script.

Using your father's political power is very easy. You have to showcase your potential by those articles. I wish you all the bad luck."

In one swift motion Rudra turned and walked past Durga. She felt like an actress for a moment with slow wind gently kissing her cheeks. Slamming of car door bought her back to the world where she was presently standing.

She turned back to see not even a soul standing there. She quickly went into the office. As she was about to open the door of his room, she heard him talking to Ramaiah. She decided to eavesdrop their conversation.

Her heartbeat increased suddenly. First timer in eavesdropping stuff, mere thought increased her heartbeat.

"Ramaiah, you should sometimes shut you lovely mouth."

"Sir, I was just telling her about-"

"Don't explain. As soon as I heard you talking about the that incident, I came out to see you were alone. You pointed me outside the door. When I went there, I see Rishab standing there."

"Why are you telling this to me?"

"What I am telling you is that he snatched our contracts. Now we need to do something."

"Durga told she has some plan."

Few minutes of silence was killing Durga's patience. Unable to contain her curiosity, she opened the door. What she saw left her mouth open.

Rudra smokes! He smokes!

That's what I can see.

Great! First I had a husband who would drink. Now I have proposed a man who smokes. Great Durga. You are so 'lucky'.

Think what your father had told.

Appa! What would Appa have told? He never told me to love a smoker.

Think hard Durga.

Okay, okay, don't scold me. I will try to remember.

Rudra saw Durga and coughed loudly. But Durga wasn't paying attention to him. Ramaiah understood that he had to go but he was confused that why Rudra was getting worked up.

Fifteen year old girl looked at the photo of Lord Shiva and Devi Parvati and asked her father, "Appa, why King Daksha hated Lord Shiva?"

Her fatger smiled and removed his spectacles. "Kanna, I don't know the exact reason but I believe he use to smoke."

"What! A God, smoking!"

Her father sighed. "I believe that Gods are people who have been given that title because of their karma. Remember that Gods are like superhuman. This is my belief. I don't know what is your belief.

For people who cannot think God as a superhuman or associate God with human qualities, they cannot imagine Lord Shiva as a person who smokes.

In one of the books, Lord Shiva was described as a chillum smoking ascetic. As a father, Daksha didn't wanted his daughter, Sati, to marry such a man.

He would constantly insult Lord Shiva so that he could open her eyes. But she was a perfect wife. You know what happened next, don't you?"

The girl nodded. She thought for a while. "Appa, what if I marry such a person. With some bad qualities or bad habits. Will you constantly insult me and my choice?"

Her father was speechless for a moment. His daughter's questions are always like that. Direct questions can leave you dumbfounded.

"As a father, I would never want my daughter to marry a person with such bad habits. But if you discover your husband with such qualities, you should first try to know the reason for this habit."

The girl was shocked. "Appa, there is a reason for these bad habits?"

"Yes, kanna, every bad habit has reason. No fool gets addicted to a bad habit without reason. A time when you are emotionally depressed, you tend to get addicted to these things.

You need to find the exact reason. Some people may not be very strong or they find getting addicted to these things may help them temporarily."

"I understood what you wanted to tell Appa."

Akshad smiled broadly. "That's my Durga."

Rudra was little nervous. He didn't knew what was going in her mind. Durga looked at him. "What is your story?"

Rudra looked baffled. "My story?"

Durga realised that Rudra had no idea about the father and daughter conversation. She said, "Rudra, Appa had always told me that behind every bad habit is an emotional story which is drives us to do so."

"Durga, behind my smoking there is a story. Ramaiah had told you about that incident. As he narrated to you, my uncle had not arrived by bus. He arrived by his car.

He drove so fastly that the car overturned and died on the spot. I was emotionally stressed that I found relief in smoking. I know that I am not as strong as you. But I was only nineteen at that time.

I promise to get rid of this habit as soon as I can."

Durga gave an assured nod. "I know why couldn't tell me before. I can understand the reason for your smoking. But I guess you forgot what I had asked you an hour ago."

"What?"

"I have become strong because of you. Now I want you become strong."

Rudra took her soft palm and placed it on his rough one. "I will become strong. For us."

Durga gleamed like an child. "I will tell you my idea. We will create our own website. We will post many interesting fact about history. I have already thought of what our first post will be- Wives Of Bachelor God. What do you think?"

*****

I have read about chillum smoking Lord Shiva in many websites and is described in Shiva Triology by Amish. No offence to any reader.

Due to some reason, our college will commence on Saturday. I could update it today. :)

Dear readers, what do you think about Durga's idea of creating website?

What is your opinion about Wives of Bachelor God?

Thank you for reading.