07 | Daisie Gives a Pair of Eyes

Start from the beginning

Raising my eyebrow, I said, "My name is not Daisie."

Bryce appeared to be surprised as he replied slowly, "It's not? But, your work name tag said Daisie."

Laughing, I shook my head. "Are you blind? My name is Maisie, not Daisie."

"Well, you never told me your name anyway, Daisie."

The more I thought about it, I asked, "Hold on, can you read that sign over there?"

Puzzled, Bryce followed to where I was pointing. It was only inches away. Bryce squinted his eyes. In the midst of this, I noticed how his nice dark eyelashes were being showcased. I needed to stop staring.

After a long pause, Bryce murmured, "Yeah."

"What does it say?" I asked with a content grin.

"... Do I have to tell you?"

"Come on. What does it say, Mr. Valentino?"

Bryce sighed in defeat. "Daisie, I can't read it. You happy?"

Just what I thought. And then, a rush of thoughts crashed in like a tidal wave. How could the heir of Phoenix Empire not have glasses or at least contacts if his eyesight was that bad? What would happen if Bryce couldn't read a slide show presentation or an offer, and he made a mistake because he couldn't see?

More importantly, why was I worrying about Bryce Valentino?

Shaking my head, I said, "You should go to the optometrist, and get some glasses or contacts if you want."

"Take me," Bryce abruptly demanded.

"You can do it yourself! You're capable of going there."

"What if I can't find the place because I can't see?"

"That's not my problem," I said bluntly, ready to walk away and head home.

"Because of you, Daisie, my secret has been revealed. So, you must help me. If not, you'll lose your job."

A cunning grin formed on Bryce's lips, knowing he got me tied. He was pulling the blackmail card.

Stupid delivery boy.

As much as I knew I was going to regret my decision, I hopelessly agreed and told him to follow me. It seemed like Bryce always had the free time. Why was he never busy when I was around? When we walked to my car, Bryce complained that my car was too small for his taste even though he was laughing to his amusement. In the end, I plastered on a smile because he was the son of my boss.

Once we got in, Bryce said with a grin, "The best optometrist, you got that, Daisie?"

"It's Maisie. And, don't you have an optometrist? A family one at least?" I mumbled, turning on the engine.

He was a Valentino, for crying out loud.

"Daisie, if we did, then we wouldn't be in this situation. Am I right?" he answered in a clever tone.

Stupid, stupid delivery boy.

Taking a deep sigh, I pulled out of the parking lot, and off we went. How was I going to find the "best" optometrist?

Clicking my tongue as I searched from place to place, there was no optometry in sight. Well, this wasn't going in our favor or more towards my favor. When I glanced over to the passenger seat, Bryce was minding his own business on his cellphone. Not going to lie, I felt pity over him because it really did look like he was struggling to read whatever was on his screen.