Chapter 7

So I wanted to attach two videos to this, but sadly, I can't. :( The one attached is Myles aka Ryder singing for reasons you'll see in this chapter. Lol, it was 2 years ago so he was 16, but he looks so young. cx (I still think I chose the perfect Ryder)

The other song I wanted to attach is Ryder and Mae's duet song, so if you want to know what it is, it's called Flying and it's from The Next Step. I'll probably attach it next chapter.

Shout out to ZeroIsMyNumber for the cover

Shout out to ZeroIsMyNumber for the cover. :)

Chapter 7

       It was already the fifth round of the competition and we were doing extremely well. Well, I was hoping we were. We made it all the way to the duet round, but the only achievement we got was Mister International Soloist.

       Hopefully we got the one for the best duet.

       Unfortunately, the cocky studio was still in the competition as well. I really hoped they wouldn't move on but considering they won a few years in a row, they probably will.

       Right now, from the one hundred fifty teams, there were sixteen left. And after today, there were going to be four, so there was a lot of pressure on me and Mae.

       We got to the venue a lot earlier than we were supposed to be there so we could keep practicing our duet. We had to work really hard if we wanted to move onto the semi-finals.

       Around ten o'clock, the rest of our team showed up and walked into the studio. "I don't get why you're practicing so much," Jerome said to me and Mae.

       "Hello? This is Internationals," I said. "We're so close to making it to the semi-finals and right now, only twenty-five percent of the teams currently in will move on."

       "I know that," Jerome said. "But this is you and Mae we're talking about. I've never seen someone dance with your chemistry. You two will do fine."

       "Thanks," Mae said. "But practicing will make us feel a lot more confident."

       "Don't practice too much," Jerome said. "You'll tire yourselves out before you even perform."

       "Fine, we'll take a break," I said. "I need to eat, anyway. I'm starving."

       "Me too," Mae said.

       Mae and I went to the concession stand and both bought a salad to eat. I was still feeling very nervous for the duet portion, even more nervous than I was for the male solo part.

       When Mae and I finished eating, we had to go sign in, then we went to the auditorium where they were going to tell us the order of the duets. Mae and I were going last and honestly, I loved that. As nervous as I was, I wanted the best to be for last and we were going to end the duet portion with a bang.