Chapter 14

Omg, I had a horrible dream that Myles and Briar broke up and I was so sad but luckily it's not true, but now I need Maeder to make me feel better. cx SO HERE IS AN UPDATE AND A GIF:

 cx SO HERE IS AN UPDATE AND A GIF:

Chapter 14

       I was thankful school wasn't too hard for me. It was either because I just started so the classes weren't too hard, or because what I was taking in general wasn't too hard.

       Or because I was a genius. Not that I was bragging.

       Whatever the reason was, Mae was constantly getting mad at me whenever I laid around the apartment because I didn't have any homework to do. Meanwhile, she usually had a lot. I would still help her out if she wanted me too, but she still hated that I barely got any, or I finished it really fast.

       Mae and I were sitting on the couch and I was helping her with her homework. Jerome walked out of his bedroom, scoffing quite loudly while he flopped down on the chair. "No," he said. "You two aren't allowed to be all cute and couply until I am happy again."

       "How are we being cute?" Mae asked. "He's just helping me with this stupid paper that is due tomorrow. I barely get any time to work on it."

       "You usually have a whole week," I said. "That's not too bad."

       "But I also have dance practice," Mae said. "And other classes. And wedding planning. Meanwhile, my stupid fiance seems to have a lot of free time."

       "Because I'm amazing," I said. 

       "Stop rubbing it in my face," Mae said.

       "I'm sorry," I said. "Can you forgive me?"

       "No," Jerome said. "No. No. No cuteness."

       I sighed. "Just go talk to Nolan. He's really upset over this."

       "Yeah? And I'm upset too," Jerome said.

       "I know," I said. "But I told you, Nolan is already insecure as it is. Having his boyfriend be mad at him is only making things worse. Look, you just have to be patient with him. If he doesn't want to go somewhere private, find another place you can go or just wait until he's ready for people to find out he's gay. You should try talking to him. I think you've been ignoring each other long enough."

       Jerome was silent for a bit before sighing. "I know," he said. "It's just....Living here in Miami, I can actually be myself and I've never felt so free. I don't care if people think negatively of me."

       "I get that," I said. "But when you're in a relationship, you have to think of the other person's feelings, not just yourself."

       "What are you, a love expert?" Jerome asked.

       "Since I was three," I said. "Please, just try to talk to Nolan. He's really upset over this."

       "Okay, fine, you're so pushy," Jerome said. "I miss him anyways, so I'll see you guys later. Hey, can I borrow your car?"

       "Why?" I asked.

       "So if he forgives me, I can take him to a drive-through or something," Jerome said. "He'll be fine with that, right?"

       "Yeah, I think so," I said. "My keys are on the counter."

       "Thanks," Jerome said. He got up from the couch and walked to the counter, grabbing my car keys before leaving the apartment.

       Mae suddenly sighed and closed her laptop. "I give up," she said.

       "It's due tomorrow," I reminded. "If you finish it now, we'll order in some food and I'll gladly pay."

       "You always pay," she said, giving me a smile. "I still don't want to work on the paper. It's too hard."

       "Would an encouraging kiss help?" I asked.

       "It might," she said, so I leaned over and gave her a kiss. "I lied. I just wanted a kiss. I'm not doing the paper right now."

       "Come on, you're almost done anyway," I said. "You just have to finish the paragraph you're working on."

       "Nope," she said. "I'm going to take a nap."

       "Mae, come on," I said. "You can nap afterwards."

       Mae groaned and laid down on the couch, her head resting on my lap. "But I'm cramping."

       "Liar. You had your period last week."

       "Okay, but....I have a headache. Ow."

       I sighed. "Mae, come on. You're almost done you're paper. Just get it done and over with and I'll do anything you want."

       "Like baking me a cake?" she asked.

       "If you want," I said.

       "Or a back massage?"

       "Yeah."

       "Or a really good make out session?"

       "I vote for that one."

       Mae smiled at me. "Of course you do," she said. She sat up and opened her laptop again. She got straight back to work, only asking my for help a few times. When she finished, she saved it and closed her laptop before setting it down on the coffee table.

       "So...." I said, throwing my arm around her shoulder. "How about that...." I leaned towards her, but she turned her head so I kissed her cheek.

       "Yeah, I'll take that cake now," she said.

       "That's cold, Mae," I said. "I wanted that make out session....It isn't always that Jerome won't be home...."

       "I know," Mae said. "Perfect time for you to bake a cake without Jerome wanting to eat it."

       I sighed. "Fine, be mean," I said.

       I stood up, but Mae grabbed my wrist and pulled me back onto the couch. "Come here," she said, gripping my shirt and pulling me closer to her and crashing her lips on mine. She wrapped her arms around my neck as I lowered her onto the couch and hovered over her.

       I kissed her back passionately before moving my lips to her neck, pressing soft kisses onto it.

       "We should do this more often," she said after a content sigh while I continued kissing her neck.

       I trailed my lips up her jaw and back to her lips, giving her a lingering kiss before pulling away and smiling at her. "I'm really happy I'm going to be marrying you," I said.

       Mae smiled back. "And I'm happy I'm going to marry you. I never thought I would get engaged at eighteen but with you, it feels right."

       "It does," I agreed before giving her another kiss.

________________

Okay, that makes me feel better. cx I SWEAR, I ALREADY LOST ONE OF MY REAL-LIFE OTPs. IF BRYLES EVER BREAKS UP, I WILL CRY MY HEAD OFF AND I WILL LOSE FAITH IN LOVE.

But I'm pretty sure they've known each other for years, even before they both got on The Next Step, because they're in the same dance company. :D And they do so many duets, so that helps. cx

By the way, what do you think Ryder is studying to be in college? I don't think anyone will guess it. cx