Chapter4 Kye in the village: Older Version

I don't know when I fell asleep. But I opened my eyes and it was morning. I was fully clothed, I didn't bathe last night. I looked over at Kahn, he hadn't bathed either. He must have looked at my dirty clothes and assumed he didn't have to bathe either. That it was fair that he didn't have to bathe.

I shook my head and sighed. I hissed at Kahn, and he rolled over disturbed. I raised my voice and he groaned at sat up.

"What!?" he grunted.

"Its time to get up and do our chores" I replied with a bit of a taunt, I raised my eyebrows slightly for emphasis.

He groaned and mumbled something ineligible.

I walked downstairs but Grams wasn't there. I was a bit confused. I went further in to the kitchen, but she wasn't there either. I searched does stares, starting to worry.

Kahn came down the stairs, rubbing his eyes. And groaned once again.

"Whats wrong?"

I pushed past him and ran towards Grams' room. "Looking for Grams" I said quickly as I opened the door to her room.

She was laying on the bed, her face filled with sweat. Her eyes were red, her face splotchy.

"Grams" I whispered, shocked.

She looked up when she heard her name, straight into my eyes just before she opened her mouth and vomited all over the bed sheets.