Epilogue

Hand in hand

Just the two of us

Away from the complexities of life

Bonded by our undying love for one another

-

My phone vibrated in my pocket. Pleasantly surprised by the interruption, I flipped it open only to receive a text from my boyfriend.

Yahiro: Hey Mei

Mei: Hey

Yahiro: Are you done with your work?

Mei: Uh, no not really. I still have some papers to review.

Yahiro: Oh no problem then

Mei: Why?

Yahiro: I want to tell you something.

Mei: I can squeeze some time off this darn college work - what's up?

Yahiro: Meet me at the usual place, 10pm. Don't be late, Mei :)

Mei: Roger <3

Awesome.

After enrolling into college, our lives certainly were hectic and we barely had time for each other. Yahiro and I were in different colleges, mainly because we chose to study different fields. I was in Science, therefore explaining the tons of research work I have to review, and Yahiro was in Business. We were worlds apart, but that never really hindered our relationship.

Yeah - everything went alright, ever since we started dating 3 years ago when we were in High School. So much has changed, we went through ups and downs together, but most importantly grew closer as a couple.

I quickly slipped on my flip flops, and tied up my hair into a lazy bun. Yahiro wouldn't mind me dressing up like this I suppose, I bet he just wanted to see me, that's why he asked me out at such an odd timing - right?

I checked my watch. 9:50pm. Alright, 10 minutes to head to our secret spot, which was the open air balcony on the top of my college's building. Yup, Yahiro loved to sneak into my college. For obvious reasons though.

As I reached the top of the building, I spotted my boyfriend leaning lazily on the edge, and I called out to him. He glanced back, and waved to me, opening up his arms in a welcoming embrace.

"Yahiro! I missed you." I wrapped my arms around him tightly.

"I missed you too. Mei, you are sure one busy little woman." He chuckled and kissed me on the forehead.

"So, what's up?" I asked curiously.

Yahiro turned behind, and slipped out a bouquet of roses - my favourite flower, and handed it to me. I was sure surprised, because Yahiro never did this often in our 3 years of relationship. He's honestly a bad romantic. But that's what makes him so adorable.

"Here..."

Yahiro blushed. His cheeks turned a bright pink, and passed the bouquet to me. I giggled and took it, but not before sneaking a kiss on his cheek.

"Thank you Yahiro, I love you." I smiled.

Slowly, Yahiro leaned in to kiss me passionately on the lips - a kiss which lasted longer than usual.

When we pulled away, Yahiro started fidgeting with something in his pocket.

"Mei?" Yahiro started, and he adjusted the fringe that fell over my eyes. "Can I say something?"

"Sure, love."

"The past 3 years with you, they were honestly the happiest moments of my life. Even if I did not show it that much, I just hope you know how grateful and appreciative I am to have you, Mei Ayuzawa, as my girlfriend - the one who has been through thick and thin together with me, and never giving up on me despite my flaws. You are the one true blessing that has happened to me, Mei, I can't live without you anymore. I might not show it so often, but I really want you to be in my life in the future."

It was so cheesy, I instantly melted. Yahiro was never this expressive when it comes to our relationship, but he finally opened up. Today.

But what for?

I guess my question was about to get answered.

Slowly, Yahiro took out something from his pocket. I widened my eyes in response. Then he got down on one bender knee, opened the box, and in it held a beautiful diamond ring.

"Yahiro..." I trailed off, not knowing what to say in my blissful surprise.

"Mei - be with me, for the better or the worst. Will you... marry me?"

My answer. There was no doubt what it would be.

"Yes!"

I tackled Yahiro in the most biggest and warmest embrace that I could ever give, and kissed him on the lips.

"I love you."

I was flushed with happiness as I took in the picture of Yahiro gently putting the ring into my finger.

This was bliss. A dream come true.

I'm engaged to the guy... whom I attended his 17th birthday party 3 years ago, but didn't know who he actually was.

Tears started to well up in my eyes as I choked those words out. I was so happy, I could only cry out in joy.

"Don't cry love, we'll always be together."

Yahiro placed a gentle finger on my eyes and wiped away a tear that has slipped off.

"We will."

Yahiro gazed at me lovingly, and our foreheads touched - exactly like how we were when we first got together.

"Mei?"

"Hm?"

"No more triangles?"

"No more."

- End -

A/N: That concludes it :) The rest is up to your imagination!

Really, this story is essentially my rantings weaved nicely into a love story. Why Yahiro tho? Maybe it was because I felt that his character was less developed in the manga and anime, and his relationship with Megumi wasn't that fantastic either. I'd prefer that guy with Ayuzawa Mei, of course - although Kei wasn't that bad for her either. Well, Kei can just go back to Hikari. Right?

Hope you've enjoyed it :) This story is written to prove to my readers that I'm STILL ALIVE. Heck, alive and kicking but struggling. Because life sucks. Ha, whatever.

Well then, I'll be off for a major examination break (ugh A levels), so till next time!