Sam: okay princess.. I’ll be there right away.

o-o-o-o

He’s really..different..:)

Narrator’s POV:

Sam picked Ann up and they went to his place. Before going in, Sam held Ann’s wrist. She just looked at him and smiled.

Ann: (smiles) don’t worry, I’m okay.

Sam: are you sure? Can you really—

Ann: Yes Sam, I can. I know I can.

Sam: (smiles weakly) You’re making me feel bad..

Ann: (confused) why?

Sam: because you don’t need me anymore (frowns)

Ann: (chuckles) Oh Sam.. I still need you.. I will always need you (smiles sweetly)

Sam: (clearing his throat) oh.. uh..uh.. let’s go?

Ann: (chuckles) okay Sam.

Sam opened the door and Ann hid behind him; maybe because she’s still nervous.

Sam: hey guys.

All of them looked at him and Ann slowly revealed herself to them. They were really shocked to see her with Sam. Bret looked at Ann from her sneakers, her white simple jeans, her loose top and loosened hair which dangled on her shoulders.

Ann: (smiles awkwardly) hi, guys.

James seemed frozen to his seat while Ericka stared at her sharply. Ann just chuckled and looked at Sam.

Ann: It seems like we really did surprise them, right? (chuckles)

Sam: yeah (chuckles awkwardly)

Bret welcomed Ann and Ryan gave her a seat. They were watching movies and eating—a lot. James was still stunned and couldn’t get his eyes off Ann who was busy scanning her camera. Sam offered her a drink and sat beside her. He leaned closer to see the pictures and they would secretly giggle. Sam would sometimes whisper to Ann and she would hit him gently. James just stared at them, trying his very best to act normal. He would also try to get closer to Ericka to convince everyone that he wasn’t affected at all and that he was really happy.

Ericka: So Ann..

Everyone got silent..

Ericka: How are you?

Ann: (smiles) I’m good. How about you, Ericka?

Ericka: (smiles fakely) Really good, too! I’m happy with James..

Ann: (smiles) Good. I’m happy for the both of you.

Ericka: We’re planning to get engaged, actually. Just sayin’. (smiles mischievously)

Ann felt a bam on her chest but she immediately tried to erase it.

Ann: (clears her throat) Oh, great! (chuckles fakely)

Ericka: We’re planning a beach wedding (clings to James) right, babe?

No matter how much she said to herself that it was over, she could still feel pain inside her.. Ann tried to smile naturally but Sam noticed how uneasy she was..

Sam: (looks at Ann sweetly) What about you, Ann?

Ann: (distracted) uh.. what?

Sam: What kind of wedding would you like? (smiles)

Bret suddenly spitted out his drink.

Bret: (wipes his mouth) oh.. sorry..

Ann: uh.. (thinks) I want a unique wedding; maybe a wedding where I would wear a unique bridal gown.