Epilogue- Back to New York

Julie's p.o.v.

Four years later

Emily, Andy, Kadan, and I are currently freezing our asses off at Times Square. We flew back up to New York to watch the ball drop. It's become one of our traditions ever since our first year of college.

After that year, we all four transferred back to Texas, because we were all homesick. Plus, I wanted to raise my baby girl near her family.

My daughter, Michaela Grace Thomas, is currently three years old. I gave birth to her October of my sophomore year in college. It's a good thing I was taking online classes that year. My daughter has everyone wrapped around her little finger, especially the men in her life. They would do anything for their little princess. Her daddy, my daddy, her uncle Andy, Kadan's dad, and Blake's dad. I decided that it wouldn't be right to keep his parents out of her life. I mean, they are her paternal grandparents. Even my mom is smitten with her. Ever since our bonding moment four years ago, she's tried really hard to be a part of our lives. That's all I can ask for. I mean we aren't close like a mother and daughter should be, but the important thing is we're getting along.

Kadan and I are still going strong, even though we're not married yet. So are Emily and Andy. I swear, they're more in love than Tim McGraw and Faith Hill. They actually got married back in June. It was such a beautiful wedding. Michaela was the flower girl, or she attempted to be. She really didn't feel like throwing the flowers. She just walked down the aisle, holding the basket in her hand. It's a good thing that Emily's four year old cousin was also a flower girl.

I see Andy coming towards us with a guitar and a microphone. What is he up to? He then hands the microphone to Kadan. He really has a thing for stealing the show at Times Square.

Andy begins to play the guitar, and I immediately recognize the song. He's playing Shameless by Garth Brooks. That's my favorite song ever. I can't believe my brother is playing that song. Then Kadan starts to sing the lyrics. He has a thing for turning the countdown to the new year into a romantic memory.

When he's done singing the song, he steps closer. "My precious, Jewels. I love you with all my heart. I think you know that, but I just feel like I don't tell you enough. You know I would do anything for you and Michaela. I want to protect you two as long as I live. So," he gets down on one knee, "Julie Maye Thomas, will you do me the greatest honor, and marry me?"

"Yes!! Of course!!"

The crowd cheers, but I'm only focused on Kadan. He gets up off the ground, and hands the microphone off to Andy. He then turns and lifts me in his arms. He gives me a kiss right as the clock strikes midnight. Some people might find this cliché, but I don't care. I find it extremely romantic. Kadan James Harper never ceases to amaze me.

What started out as my roommate, my nightmare, has now turned into the greatest experience of my life.

The End!!