Chapter 1: The arrival

Start from the beginning

"...um, hi. You alright? " I smiled. He stood straight regaining his normal breath.

"aha yes, I'm fine thanks. Just had a short run trying to look for something I might have dropped"

"Oh! A bracelet right?!"

"Yes! You found it?!" He sounded extremely happy.

I took the bracelet that was right next to me and gently gave it to him.

"Thank you. I thought I was going to lose this." He fiddled with the bracelet before placing it on his wrist.

"You're welcome. That bracelet must be very special huh."

"It was actually a gift from my grandfather. He told me that I should give this bracelet to the girl that my heart falls for. And so I promised him that I would do that for him."

"Aww. That's very cute. I'm pretty sure that you'll find that girl someday and do your grandpa a favour." I smiled at him

"Thanks" He smiled back. "Why are you all alone here anyway?"

"Well, it's a long story. I just arrived here in Korea today, and I've been trying to look for a hotel for almost the whole day. But all of the ones I've went to were either full or way out of my budget. So I ended up here." I made a pouty face, which made me feel like I was trying to look cute infront of him, but I wasn't.

"ohh.. So you were born in another country I'm guessing? I'm Joshua Hong btw and I'm sorry about that."

"Yes, I was born in the states, and i'm Park Hazel. You have a English name too?"

"Wow. I was born in the states as well And I eventually came here. And yeah, my Korean name is Hong Jisoo, but I'm usually called by my English name. You have a nice name btw." his face looked so amazed, knowing that we were both born in the states.

"omg. Nice to meet you Joshua." I placed the ricecakes on the bench and stood up to give him a handshake.

"Nice to meet you too Hazel." He made that smile again. It literally was the most beautiful thing, it made me want to blush. But no, I couldn't do that infront of him.

It suddenly became quiet, he saw me playing with my fingers, and began to look worried.

"Um.. I don't think it'll be safe for you to sleep here overnight, but I can book a hotel for you so that you'll be more safe and you can get some rest."

"Oh? That's very nice of you, but I think I'll be okay. And besides I can't just let you spend your money just so you can book a hotel for me, I'll be fine." I said firmly, and ended it with a gentle smile.

"No, don't worry it's nothing. I know a hotel that's cheap but also has good service. And we don't know, anything bad can happen anytime."

I guess he was right, but since he said he knew a cheap hotel, I thought that it could be fine if I'd pay it on my own.

"Well, I do agree with you.. So I think I'll go book that hotel you're talking about, and since you said it's cheap, I'll pay for it. Otherwise, if you don't let me pay, I won't got to that hotel and sleep here instead." I argued.

"Haha. You're really stubborn huh? Alright, I'll let you pay. But atleast let me guide you there, it's getting dark."

"aha. I am. And sure, thank you." I looked to my left and saw my ricecakes still sitting right next to me.

"You eat ricecakes, right?."

"Oh. They're my favourite" He replied.

I grabbed the rice cake box and handed it to him.

"Then here, please take one."

"Ahh. Gasmsahamnida (Thank you)." He bowed.
___________________________________

We finally got to the hotel. It was a short walk from the park, which took 15 minutes. The scenery looked so modern, yet so beautiful, how can this hotel be cheap? We got to the service desk, and booked a room for me. I was surprised at the price, Joshua was right about how cheap it was.

"So... I guess this is it. *clears throat*."

"mhmm." I nodded.

"Well, enjoy your night here. And sleep well, you deserve to get some rest."

"Yes, I will and thank you so much." I smiled. I had the urge to hug him, a friendly hug, I didn't hesitate. So, I just went in and hugged him.

"GASMSAHAMNIDA!" I let go, and I could see that he was shocked a bit.

"You're quite a hugger.. haha.."

"Yeah, I'm just a really affectionate person." She giggled.

"ahh.." He clasped both of his hands and rubbed them together. "Well, I have to get going. Take care Hazel, okay?"

I took his hands and placed them in mines. "Thank you, I will. And you take care aswell." I let go of his hands and placed them in my coats pockets.

"Yes Hazel, bye." He waved goodbye to me before leaving the building.

I just stood there, staring at him till he disappeared from my sight. He was a really nice guy, too bad we didn't get to exchange numbers. How on earth am I suppose to contact him, I could've had made another friend here in Seoul.
-
-
-
-
Hello everyone! This is the author. This chapter was very long, but I hope you guys enjoyed reading it even though it wasn’t that exciting. I'll continue making more chapters and hopefully finish making this fanfic. Please comment below if you'd like me to publish the next chapter soon. Thank you. <3

-Jan