"You sure about that? I've heard that from a few other ice cream places are good around here. So I'm a little iffy on the 'best' part." I adjusted Javi on my hip as he started to slip. "You want to get some with me? I haven't gotten mine yet and the line isn't long." I thought for a second. He did just save me from a potentially dangerous situation but Javi is with me and I don't know him from a can of paint.

"Wait where are my manners? What is your name beautiful?"

"My name is NaTahny and this is my son Javier. Say hi baby." Javi waved to him before returning to his cup. "Hi Javier. I wish I could've brought my daughter. Her name is Jasmine. She's a bit younger than him, a little over ten months." A man? With a baby? Let me hold my guard up. I've had my fair share of run ins with baby mama's.

"Well you did help me out. So I might as well get ice cream with you."

"I'd like that."

"So would I. Just met me put his diaper bag in my car." 

"Okay I'll stand here and wait for you."

This feels so wrong talking to this guy. I feel like I'm cheating on Max but me sneaking around with him is even worse. Max did say he wouldn't care if I started dating someone but that was forever ago when we first started messing around. He can't turn back on his word on that, he's about to get married so how mad about me dating someone else can he be?

I keep on telling myself that he's getting married, hoping it'll make me feel better about the wedding. I think it's working. Maybe moving on from Max won't be so hard like I thought. This Michael guy seems like he could make it a lot easier.

I put the diaper bag in the backseat next to the car seat and closed the door.

Who am I kidding? This Michael guy probably just wants the box and I don't believe in jumping from bed to bed with different men. I been through that before I'm not doing it again. I need to get out my own head and enjoy my day. I'm just having ice cream with the guy not having sex with him. Or maybe he's just a really nice man who wants to hang out with a woman and her son. It might be all of the above.

Let me stop rambling on to myself like this I'm over thinking this way to much.

I walked out the parking lot and back to the park where Michael said he was going to wait. The walk gave me a good chance to look at him fully. He looked so different out of his uniform. I wouldn't have guessed all this was under there.

"You all set?" He asked me.

"Yeah let's go."

Max

"I don't like fruit in my cake. That's too busy." Olivia said after spitting everything into a napkin.

"Well we have a ton of more options to choose from. I'll be right back." The woman who owns the place is helping is out. She's gone the cakes for all my brother's weddings so I decided to give her a try. But in true Olivia fashion we've been here for over two hours and nothing in here is good enough. They have over two hundred different flavors and we're already a fourth of the way through them.

I just want a vanilla cake with chocolate frosting, it's not that hard. Olivia doesn't even like cake all like that so I don't see why this is so hard.

I looked down at my phone as it vibrated in my hand a few times. It's from my mom.

"Max please no work stuff right now." Olivia said looking at me over her sunglasses. "It's just my mom." I opened the message and read it quickly before deleting it. She told me that Tahny and I need to talk but she wants to see me first.

"What did she want?" I put my phone in my pocket. "She wants to meet up with me for dinner since she's in town." I rested back in my seat and looked at all the cake samples on the table. "Can I come too." Hell no. "I would like to be with my mom alone for once. I already don't see her enough I just want some alone time with her. But tomorrow morning everyone is meeting up at my dad's house and you can come with me. All my brothers and their wifes and all of my neices and nephews are gonna be there."

"I would like that." Olivia said as she leaned over to kiss my cheek.

I wonder why my mom wants to talk about Tahny for? Why am I lying to myself? Of course I know why, the answer is plain as day. I'm just not ready for this conversation but I don't have a choice. The wedding is definitely on for the 15th and I already tried to convince my dad to change it to a later time. But he started getting that look when he got suspicious about something. He started questioning me about 'why is it so important for the date to be later'. I simply told him I'm just worried about everything getting done in time. But he quickly assured me everything will be perfect by the wedding day.

Just great.

I didn't bother arguing with him for the simple fact I might slip up and mention Javier and Tahny. The last thing I want to happen is for him to find out and all hell breaks lose. I love them to much for anything to happen to them.

"You guys ready for more cake?" The owner came back out with two large trays. "I hope I find something I like." Olivia said clearing a space on the table. "What about you Max?" I scooted my chair closer. "As ready as I'll ever be. Let's get this over with."

---------------------------