Four

Sophia was spoiled. Demi could admit that she had spoiled her daughter endlessly because she was her first child and her little princess, therefore it was extremely difficult to say no to her. Wilmer was the stricter parent and Demi would let him be. She would suffer the consequences later.

Demi opened the door to Sophia's bedroom, smiling as she saw her curls peeking out from underneath her ruffled pink comforter as she slept in her "big girl bed." Demi opened her blinds then sat at the side of her bed, picking her up and holding her against her chest as she stirred and released a little whine.

"Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday dear Sophia, happy birthday to you!" Demi sang as Sophia opened her eyes and released a wide yawn. "Are you one, are you two, are you-"

"Mommy! I'm three!" Sophia exclaimed, sitting up on Demi's lap and wrapping her arms around her neck.

"That's right baby girl, you are! Are you excited about your party?" Demi questioned as Sophia eagerly nodded her head.

"Okay well about we have breakfast and then you can get dressed so that we can head out? I'm sure your daddy can't wait to see you," Demi said as Sophia beamed and hopped off of her lap. Demi went downstairs to start making breakfast until the doorbell rang.

"I GOT IT MOMMY!" Sophia screamed as she ran down the stairs. She almost fell towards the end but Demi quickly caught her and carried her to the door. She pulled it open and was surprised to see Odell standing there with bags from Toys R Us decorating his arms.

"Dell!" Sophia squealed as Demi furrowed her eyebrows.

"Hey, I heard it was your birthday today!" Odell said as Demi moved to the side so that he could come in. A few weeks had passed since her and Odell slept together and they hadn't talked to each other since. Demi wasn't kidding when she said that she didn't want him in her life anymore, especially considering their history together.

"Yeah! I'm three!" She launched herself into his arms once he set the Toys R Us bags down and began to babble about how they were having lunch with the Disney princesses for her birthday then riding on all of the fun rides in Disneyland.

"You got me presents?" Sophia asked as Demi went into the kitchen to finish making breakfast as Odell picked the bags back up and followed her. He sat Sophia down at the counter then sat next to her with the bags. He began to pull out everything that he had gotten for her, ranging from dolls to clothes for the dolls to a Barbie Dreamhouse that connected to wifi. Demi shook her head as she saw everything that he had bought for her but it wasn't like she was gonna take the presents away because Sophia was freaking out at all of the gifts in front of her.

"Thank you Dell!" Sophia screamed as Demi giggled and began to move the gifts to the dining room while the bacon was cooking.

"But mommy-"

"Sophia, you're not about to open all of this stuff right now. You can play with it when you get home, okay?" Demi said once she finished clearing off the counter. Sophia pouted but Demi wasn't giving in.

"Hey, princesses don't pout," Odell said causing Sophia to smile.

"Why don't you go watch Doc McStuffins while I finish breakfast?" Demi suggested. Sophia silently left the kitchen so Demi turned to Odell.

"What are you doing here?"

"I came to see both of you. Listen, I'm sorry for everything that has happened between us and I want things between us to be better. Truth is, three years without you was too long and I should've tried to make amends a long time ago," Odell explained as Demi chewed on her bottom lip.

"Then why didn't you?"

"I wasn't ready to. I wasn't ready to admit that I was wrong for the way that I treated you. I wasn't ready to apologize. But I am now and I'm sorry, Demi. You deserved so much better back then and you do now," Odell apologized as he handed her the single long stemmed red rose that he had picked up on his way to her house.

"Thank you," Demi said, ducking her head so that he wouldn't see the blush filling her cheeks as she accepted the rose. "How did you know it was Sophia's birthday?"

"Oh, Trey told me. I figured I'd stop by. You good with today? I know how emotional you can get," Odell questioned as Demi nodded her head.

"I just cant believe she's already three. Before I know it it's gonna be her first day of school and then she won't need me anymore and I'll-"

"Demi, that little girl will never stop needing you. I know I haven't been around much but I know you so I know you're an amazing mother," Odell said as Demi shrugged and began to distribute the food on the plates.

"I guess...SOPHIA. COME EAT!" Demi yelled and a few seconds later Odell was pulling herself up onto the bar stool and saying grace before digging into her food.

"Dell, are you busy?" Sophia questioned as Demi giggled and sat next to her daughter.

"No, not today. Why?"

"You can come to my party and meet the princesses!"

"Only if it's okay with your mom," Odell said, glancing at Demi who nodded her head.

"Yeah, you can come. Trey will be there but Wilmer will too, as well as the rest of my family. I just hope you know what you're getting yourself into," Demi said as Odell nodded. Demi quickly texted Dallas to ask her to get an extra seat for dinner but ignored her when she asked why.

Demi didn't know if this time would be different, but as she watched Sophia finish her breakfast then let Odell sweep her off of the chair and swing her around and around just to make her laugh, she knew she was done trying to see their future. Instead, she just wanted to live in their present and enjoy their journey, wherever it may take them.