Chapter 7

WARNiNG: I APOLOGIZE FROM THE DEEP DEEP DEEP (deep) DEPTHS OF MY HEART ABOUT ALL U WILL READ AS I HAVE NOT EDITED IN A MONTH. I really will try to be done with everything before the summer is over. So please bare with me.

Chapter seven

I ended up in a storage closet, gasping for air. I sunk to the floor and cried into my knees, hugging them to my chest. Why was this happening to me? My throat slowly started closing in on me and I felt like I couldn't breath. Great, I thought to myself. This is just great, I'm gonna die here, and have all of time frozen because my body decides to shut down now. I took a deep breath and calmed myself down until my breathing was controlled.

I was confused and angry. Angry at the world, and angry at Hunter. Did I even believe what he said to me? Not really. I couldn't find any explanation other than I was still in a coma, or hallucinating. Or both. Whatever it is I need help, desperately. My entire world was shattered, all because some guy decided he was in the mood of a good workout but couldn't find a boxing bag, so figured the innocent 17 year old was a good replacement.

I heard running down the halls, and my name being called by Hunter and that friend of his. "Ava!" They yelled. Over and over again, my name rang through the frozen hallways.

I crawled deeper into the dark closet, mentally begging them to stop. Why me? Why was this all happening to me? I asked myself that question the whole time I was shaking back and forth. I took slow and deep breaths, trying not to pass out from lack of oxygen.

The doorknob started to jiggle, but I was locked in, safe and sound. Then came a knock and the voice from the other side saying, "Ava? Are you in there?"

It took me a moment to recognize that voice when it wasn't dripping in sarcasm and disgust; it was David. I started to move deeper into the closet, but I hit a wall which made me jump and yelp.

Another knock; "Ava, It's David. Toby's not here, he's waiting for me downstairs. I promise. I don't what happened between you two, but he must've really made you mad for him to back out of the search party. Not the point, I get that you're hurt, or annoyed, or scared or whatever, but you need to come out of there. You have to go back to where you were before I froze time if you want me to unfreeze it. Being that you got so upset that I tampered with it to begin with, I would assume you agree with me that it is wisest to resume time as soon as possible."

I shakily wiped the tears off my face and thought about what he said. He was right. It pained me to admit, but he was right. I needed my friends to be unfrozen before god knows what damage could happen to them.

What did I even think running away from Hunter would do? I didn't think it would help, so why did I do it? Why do I always run when things get hard? I ran away because I didn't want to deal with it. Like always, I ran away because it was easier than dealing with the problem. Well, that was all gonna change now. No more running. No more hiding. From here on out I will deal with things head on.

"Hello?" He said taking me away from my thoughts. "I would like to remind you that I am a warlock,and whether or not you believe me, I can zap this-"

I opened the door cutting him off. He looked frazzled,but relieved that I opened it on my own. "Great, you're here. Let's go to your room."

We walked the rest of the way in silence, or rather I walked the rest of the way in silence while David tried to make awkward conversation that I casually ignored. At some point he got the hint and shut up, which I was deeply grateful for.

"Here we are." He said as we got there.

I jumped when I saw all of my friends, frozen in the exact same place I left them.