Chapter 5

AUTHORS NOTE:

THIS BOOK IS UNDER MAJOR EDITING AT THE MOMENT. YOU MIGHT GET SLIGHTLY CONFUSED BUT I HOPE TO BE DONE SOON. FINALS ARE COMING UP,SO IT MIGHT TAKE LONGER THAN I HOPE.

THANKS FOR UNDERSTANDING

 -ROBIN

__________________________________________________________________

My parents came in a few minutes later with the two doctors from before. My brothers had left the room so they would be able to tell me what exactly was going on. Nothing really made any sense. I felt great, and while I'm not at all complaining, I know that it wasn't natural. Nobody in the real world wakes up from being in a coma for three days, feeling as great as I was. In fact, I felt better than I ever did before, ready to jump out of bed and do something, like run a marathon.

The doctors used some very fancy medical terms that I didn't really understand, so they simplified it for me.

"We're going to have to monitor you for a few days before you go home. Just to make sure no complications come up.''

Considering, well, everything it sounded pretty fair.

"So I'll be able to go home soon?"

He laughed, "Ava, this is a hospital, not a prison. As soon as you're cleared you'll be able to go home."

I leaned back on the pillows, "Thanks." I said, and they left.

My mom squeezed my hand, "You're going to be just fine."

"I know," I said.

There was a knock on the glass and a man dressed in a suit walked in.

It was the detective from the night I was attacked. I tensed up, the memories flooding back. The horrible feeling of being shoved to the ground and kicked in the gut repeatedly came back. My heart started beating faster and suddenly I wasn't in the hospital anymore.

I was back on 7th Avenue, running for my life. I could feel myself trying to fight back as I kicked him. I could feel his icy cold fingers on my mouth,muffling my cries for help. I could also sense things clearer now. Like the smell of sewage, or his panting as he punched me. Also One more thing that seemed weird, and worth mentioning to the police.

"Ava I'm detective Russel, do you remember me?" He said knocking me out of my thoughts.

I nodded "Yeah. Sorry I passed out on you before."

He smiled and said, "Don't worry about it. I came to ask you a few questions, do you think you'll be able to answer them?"

"Yeah sure. Anything you need to catch this guy."

"And we will." He looked at my parents,"Would it be okay if I spoke to Ava alone? I promise it won't be long."

"No," My mom said quickly."She's been through too much alone already. I won't leave her."

He nodded his understanding and started to ask me questions.

"Can you tell me where you were coming from the night of the attack?"

"I was on my way to the train after work."

"At 11:30?" He asked suspiciously.

"Yes," I said not fazed by his tone. "My co-worker couldn't come in that day so my boss asked if I could stay later."

"You worked at a music store didn't you?"

"Yeah, The Soundtrack of Our Lives."

"Catchy name. What was your relationship with Nick?"