Chapter 3

Chapter three:

The first thing I remember feeling was something cold and wet on my forehead. My eyelids were heavy, and it took some urging on my part to open them. My vision was blurred but I saw the figure of a man over me. I started to panic. My mind told me to run, but my body told my mind to shut up.

Everything hurt. I felt as if I had just came out of a meat grinder, my bones crushed. I blinked a few times and the face hovering above mine was clear: Hunter. Now I was really starting to freak out. With every aching bone in my right arm, I picked it up and tried to slap him, or defend myself, but it fell limply to my side.

"Shh." He said as he gently dabbed a wet towel on my forehead.

I winced, not from pain, but from this monster touching me.

"Stop." I croaked.

He did, his hand in mid air, and started to speak. "Ava, you were brutally beaten an hour ago. You were unconscious on the corner of 7th Ave. Can you hear me?"

I swallowed the knot that was forming in my throat and nodded. I was scared. Terrified of what was going to happen to me. I didn't trust him, or anything he said. I don't care if he was 'helping' me. If he found me on the ground, bloody adn unconscious, why didn't he call 911? Why didn't he at least take me to a hospital? Or call my family, like any decent person would?

The pain in my head, neck, and upper body slowed to a small throbbing and I sat up, trying to get away from him. I was sweating, and my heart was racing out of my chest.

"Get away from me." I said my voice shaking.

"Ava, please listen to me." He said softly.

I shook my head, "I'm not listening to a word you say, you-you monster!

"Hear me out. I didn't do this to you." His face changed, like he realized something. "You can't think I did this?"

"Can you blame me? What kind of innocent person sees an unconscious girl on the floor, and just casually brings her home? No one! Where am I? You know what?" I said and felt my strength back in my legs.

With everything I had in me, I swung my legs and kicked him in the face. He tumbled backwards, and his nose started to bleed.

"Is this what I get for saving you from that psychopath? Won't you at least listen to what I have to say? When I'm done, I promise you, I'll take you home." He said holding his nose.

"No I'm leaving now, I don't care what you say." I told him

"Oh yeah?" He said with this weird smirk on his bloody face that made his bright blue eyes stand out even more in this creepy dark room, "And how exactly are you going to get home? With no metro card, no money, at 1 in the morning?''

"It's 1 am?! My families probably worried sick. Hunter what in the actual heck is wrong with you? By now they probably called the cops and will be searching for me. You have to get me home, NOW." I yelled at him.

"Calm down, do you think I'm stupid?"

"Uh, yeah. I think I made that pretty clear..." I told him.

"I'm choosing to ignore that comment, even though to be fair, it hurt my feelings."

"Yeah, well being knocked out hurt my feelings." I said arms crossed, frustrated with him.

"For the last time, I didn't knock you out! Now I'm going to explain everything and you will listen, Okay?"

I rolled my eyes, "Okay."

"Let me start with tonight, it was Mike. I only saw the end of the fight. I saw him bite you and I snapped. Ever since he first Turned he's been so unstable I knew this was bound to happen. Especially these past few days, he's been acting so strange."