chapter 43

Peter pov-

I can't believe that after the phone call, we didnt find Percy. We looked everywhere.

Tony is a mess. He called the police and gtg everyone he knew to look.

Thor and Loki were on asgard, so they were no help.

Nat and Clint were out looking every day.

Steve put up flyers and asked people on the street.

Wanda spent most of her time contacting police around the country.

Wade and Percy's other rude friends asked around school.

I stayed home most of the time. I spent a lot of time calling her phone, just to hear her voicemail. It may sound weird, since I am dating Gwen, but I'm allowed to be upset at the disappearance of my best friend, right?

Percy's ring tone sounded from the other room, as I dialed her number again

"Hey this is Percy. I can't get to my phone right now and I probably won't listen to the message you leave. So, I'll just call you back!"

I could recite it from memory now. I quickly dialed her again.

"I'm sorry, but the person you are calling has a full mailbox."

I hang up the phone and run my hands through my hair. Today, she was gone for 4 days.

What is this girl doing to me?

Percy pov-

Of course I was angry three days ago, when I woke up. I was told that I was a huge hero who saved the world like three times or something.

I cannot stress how utterly disgusted and frustrating it was to learn that everything I ever knew and had been told was a lie.

They told me everything about my dad and the godly side of my family, but they knew nothing about my mom or my personal life.

I refused to go home, dispite Tyler (the guy who saved me) and his boyfriend trying to convince me to leave.

Tyler is really nice. He explained everything to me and wasn't rude about my questions. His boyfriend, Dominic, on the other hand was angry that I was there. I can tell that he's warming up to me, though. He's been setting a place for me at the dinner table and he let me sleep in his bedroom. He sleeps in Tyler's room anyway, so it wasn't a problem for him.

Tyler told me that Dominic is just a bit hot-headed and easy to piss off.

At this moment, we are sitting at the dinner table, eating some freshly microwaved TV dinners.

"You should go to school tomorrow." Tyler's voice snaps me out of my thoughts.

"I don't want to see anyone I know." I say. "I just need time away."

"You can't miss so much school. You're going tomorrow. You will also go talk to your family." Tyler tells me

"If you still want to come back here, you can stay for a few days, but you have to bring clothes. You've been wearing the same thing for like three days." Dominic adds

"Fine." I grumble, solely for the fact that I've been invited back here.

Once my meal is finished, I excuse myself to take a shower.

"I'll get you something to wear to bed, so you can change back into your clothes." Tyler says.

I nod and go to the hallway closet where they keep towels and linens. I grab two towels and go into the bathroom.

After locking the door, I strip off my clothes and step into the shower. First, I turn the water to warm and just relax in the water. Then, I massage shampoo into my hair and wash that out. Next is conditioner and then body wash. Quickly, I shave and wash my face, before finally getting out of the shower and turning the water off.

I grab one towel and pat my face dry. Once finished that, I wrap it around my body and use the other towel to dry my hair more.

When I leave the bathroom and get to my room, I put my dirty clothes in the empty laundry. hamper and change into the t-shirt and sweatpants that Tyler laid out for me.

I carry the hamper out to the hallway and shout. "Where should I put my dirty clothes?"

"Leave them in the hallway." Tyler shouts back. "I'll wash them tonight. Get ready for bed. You have to be up early tomorrow."

I roll my eyes because it's only like 9:00. I go out to the kitchen and grab a glass. Once I fill it with tap water, I drink it and fill it again.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous about tomorrow. But, hey! I still wouldn't be lying as much as my 'family'... if that's really who the avengers are.

A/N sorry for the wait guys. This chapter was tough. I wrote like 4 different versions and decided that I didn't like any of them, so I ended up with this. I really hope you enjoyed this chapter. I put a lot into it. Sorry for the lack of dialogue lately too. There will be tons of dialogue in the next chapter. That's a promise.