XVI

CHAPTER 16

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities."
-John Green

Why is it cumpolsary for me to be sitting in this class, listening to people whisper about me in the back? Why do teenagers find amusement in other people's business? Why is Zac Efron so perfect?

These questions are running through my head in Chemistry class while Zoey gives me puppy dog looks. She'd been worried sick after seeing Evans look for me and she called me a lot afterwards, but my phone was dead. I'd called her yesterday night and told her what had happened, and since then she'd been apologizing profusely.

I'd forgiven her obviously for bringing me to a party in the first place, but I'd never blame her for anything else. Still, she insisted everything that happened was her fault and couldn't help feeling guilty. Obviously, people talked about the incident at the party and some even though clearly seeing what'd happened believed Eric. It's funny what money and good looks will do for you in this world, one sincere look  from him will have girls swooning.

I looked down at the assignment in front of me and groaned, chemistry will be the death of me. I looked back and saw Evans working on his paper with his earphones plugged in. He's smarter than he looks, he always gets good grades even though he's always up to no good.

The autumn sunlight coming through the window fell on his light brown hair and on to his perfectly sculpted and symmetrical face. His beautiful green eyes sparkled as he read off his paper. And I sat there thinking he's one of those people you could look at forever, you could stay with him and an infinity would pass by and you wouldn't know it.

I felt Zoey nudge me hard from beside me and I looked at her irritated for interrupting my appreciation for beauty. She smirked slightly making heart signs with her hand. She also wiggled her eyebrows at which point I smacked her with my pencil.

I stuck my tongue out at her and got back to work , if you call doodling around work I mean.

Bree would be back tomorrow, what would I tell her. How would I tell her? I mean should I even tell her at all?

I groaned, I'd ask Logan if he were here. If Logan were here I wouldn't be lonely, everything feels empty without him. Suddenly I craved chocolate, lots and lots of chocolate. Mom used to say I'd eat my problems away, guess I haven't changed much. 

♡♡♡

I stood by the vending machine ranting to myself about the prices of chocolates being equal to gold in there, when I saw Eric walk up behind me from the side of my eyes, giving me a slight push.

"How about some patience, you savages?!" I say angrily, walking away from Eric.

"That's the problem, I don't have any." Eric replied.

"You need to stop bothering me or I'll report you." 

"Ooh, I'm so scared!" Eric mocked. "Princess, I just want us to go back the way we were."

"Don't call me that." I say huffing, and start walking away from him, but he just walked behind me. Just then I spot Evans turning in to the hallway, and I rush over to him, practically running.

"Hey!" I greet him, almost breathless.

"Woah, where are you going?" He laughed, looking up at me, then he glanced behind me and his laughter died.

I look back at Eric and he was looking at us too. I pulled Evans away, who was giving Eric a death glare.

"I need a ride, please." I asked him quietly.

"Uh huh." He replied, still staring at Eric who turned around and walked in the opposite direction. "Was he bothering you?"

"Not really." I replied and Evans gave me a pointed look, "Let's just go please? Oooh and can we please stop by Timmy's, I'm craving chocolate chip cookies." I added that made Evans smile slightly.

"Whatever you want Haz-" He cleared his throat, "My Queen."

♡♡♡

"Can I also get a French Vanilla please with extra whipping cream. Like extra, extra please." I ramble off and the cute employee behind the counter chuckles.

"That's two extra extra large chocolate chip cookies with a French Vanilla with extra extra whipping cream for you and a latte for you sir, will that be all?" He asks politely and I give him a bright smile.

"Yes."

"Coming up special, for the extra beautiful lady." He walked off to make our order and I blushed, he is so cute. Ugh I remind myself of Zoey's younger sister Zara. That girl would point out to every single cute guy and obsess over them.

The cute guy in Fresh Co that checks things out ('please check me out all day'), that hot math class guy, the neighbors' gorgeous son, the pizza guy ('who could roll my dough any day'). I can't even count how many crushes she has.

Evans pokes my shoulder and gestures me to my order which was ready and sitting on the table. I looked back up and smiled at the employee, glancing over at his name tag. It read Chris.

"Thanks Chris." I handed him the payment and Evans scoffed.

"Have a nice day!" Chris said and we walked over to a table by the window.

"Getting real friendly aren't we Devereaux?"

"This amuses me."

"What does?"

"You know, bad boy Evans getting jealous of cute Chris who works at Timmy's."

"I'm not jealous. You know why? Because I know I'm much better looking than him."

"Eh, I've seen much better."

"Really now?"

"Really. Your just an egotistical, self centered average looking jerk."

"Deveraux, I know that you're masking your love for me projecting dislike, but I understand if you're shy."

"Untrue."

"Quite true."

"You sit on a throne of lies, please step off your high horse."

"How 'bout you get on it instead." He smirked.

I rolled my eyes, looking out the window when a green car strolled in the lot and taking a sip of my french vanilla.

"I hate green, it's an ugly colour." Evans commented. "Especially dull green."

"I love green." I blurted out.

"Why?"

"What do you mean?"

"Everyone has a past with colours, they connect that with art and emotion. What's your reason to love it?"

You. Your eyes. 

"What's yours to hate it?" I question. Evans just shrugs and drinks his latte. 

♡♡♡